I'm getting tired of Dual Screen Nintendo handhelds :( bring back 1 screen!

#81ImGanondorfLolPosted 3/10/2013 12:21:59 AM
No I like dual screens.
#82SoeroahPosted 3/10/2013 12:45:55 AM
BlazeVX posted...
Discomaster posted...
Funny... One of my biggest complaints about the PSP and Vita is that they only have one screen. Can't please everybody I guess.

Really? I found that next to no games really need that second screen and the only game I know that needs it is The World Ends with You/Its a Wonderful World but apart from that single game any other game can easily be played with 1 screen.

A factor in 999 wouldn't have worked as well without the second screen, though it was a smallish detail that was just clever story-wise.

Chronos Twin (or Chrono Twins, can never remember) needed the two screens, because much like TWEWY, you control characters on both screens simultaneously. Like playing two Mega Man levels at the same time.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#83CubeTVPosted 3/10/2013 12:46:38 AM
I forgot about the GBA SP. Do'h.

The Gameboy = DS
GB Pocket = DS Lite
GB Color = DSi
GBA = 3DS
GBA SP = 3DS XL

This next part is debatable but I think the GB Light (only in Japan) = DSi XL

What will be the "Gameboy Micro" equivalent to the DS family? I have no idea. Hope it's something good.
---
YouTube: www.Youtube.com/AdNintendogs
#84gfaqster(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 3:03:51 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
NetMafiaGospel-

The TC is just a troll. Pointing to him an example like Etrian Odyssey will just result in him stomping his furry little foot and pretending that being forced to stop, pull up the map over your main screen, draw it, and then put it away EVERY TIME you want to do anything at all with it is somehow a SUPER idea.

You can't argue with someone like him, because he had his head firmly up his rump when created the topic in the first place.

Why not have 1 BIG screen that is also a touch screen like the Vita?

Have you played Monster Hunter games?
Did you know you can pull up the map in an instant and still see through the map and continue playing with the map covering the screen?

you could still play etrian odyssey this way and plot your course on the map and still be playing by looking throught the map like Monster Hunter does.
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
--Lightning--
#85Frozenx07Posted 3/10/2013 3:30:45 AM
trenton97 posted...
DS doesn't mean Dual Screen.

Yes it does!

Anyway, I remember Nintendo saying that the DS isn't part of the Game Boy line, so they could always bring it back. The problem with that is it would confuse the market and not be backwards compatible.

Regardless, I would love a new Game Boy! :)
#86mjc0961Posted 3/10/2013 7:20:05 AM(edited)
Xtreme-Void posted...
TC

you should buy a VITA, everything you want VITA has it.

I don't want 3DS to be VITA, that for sure.

This. I have a Vita and it's, well, poop. I don't want Nintendo to also make a Vita.

Also clamshell design is great, it protects the screens.

Frozenx07 posted...
trenton97 posted...
DS doesn't mean Dual Screen.

Yes it does!

Anyway, I remember Nintendo saying that the DS isn't part of the Game Boy line, so they could always bring it back. The problem with that is it would confuse the market and not be backwards compatible.

Regardless, I would love a new Game Boy! :)

That was crap they said when the DS launched so they could return to GameBoy if DS failed. DS did not fail, GameBoy is dead.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#87klim28Posted 3/10/2013 7:35:03 AM
I want 3 screens. Or maybe make it 4 screens.
---
3DS kino 4639 - 8985 - 8808 Kid Icarus Uprising / Harvest Moon A New Beginning
3DS kino 4554 - 1003 - 6906 Monster Hunter 3G / New Super Mario Brothers 2
#88blingusPosted 3/10/2013 8:33:35 AM
alphame4 posted...
Triple surround screen baybee

Word!

For home and handheld.
---
7200rpm 320GB(OG 60)+320GB Slim PS3s, Reach+Gears 360s, Black Wii U, Modded Xbox, Black Sega DC+Saturn, Panasonic Q, PSP, 64GB iPhone 4S+iPad 4, 3DS XL, PSVITA!
#89ZeroArcheryPosted 3/10/2013 9:15:15 AM
gfaqster posted...
IHeartMetroid posted...
NetMafiaGospel-

The TC is just a troll. Pointing to him an example like Etrian Odyssey will just result in him stomping his furry little foot and pretending that being forced to stop, pull up the map over your main screen, draw it, and then put it away EVERY TIME you want to do anything at all with it is somehow a SUPER idea.

You can't argue with someone like him, because he had his head firmly up his rump when created the topic in the first place.

Why not have 1 BIG screen that is also a touch screen like the Vita?

Have you played Monster Hunter games?
Did you know you can pull up the map in an instant and still see through the map and continue playing with the map covering the screen?

you could still play etrian odyssey this way and plot your course on the map and still be playing by looking throught the map like Monster Hunter does.

That's just the thing, you're wasting more time.

The second screen is for convienience. Why clutter the screen with UI? I don't know if you know this, but multiple monitors are also extremely popular. Having to stop and hit start is wasting time, having details on your screen blocked by Graphics showing your health, or others stats, is taking up viewing space.

Why cover the beautiful graphics with a transluscent map? That point you made kinda hurt you more than helped. If people just want 1 big screen, they'll get a VITA, but if they want more convenience, then they'll get the 3DS.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#90CyberNylesPosted 3/10/2013 9:35:06 AM
TC is a foolish fool who should put an end to this foolishness.
---
3DS FC: 2234-7195-1082