This system is so overrated.

#31nouseravailablePosted 3/9/2013 11:02:16 AM
BlazeVX posted...
The console is alright but i'm more annoyed at how much people say that the 3D is da best thing evar and if you don't use it then you're not a gamer. Seriously all I do is play RPGs on mine and there is nothing 3D can add to RPGs apart from headaches and dizziness.

The console is awesome. 3d is just a plus. Its fun for about 1h then once you are done with that, you realize that 3ds have an interesting library to offer and it will only improve...

SMASHKING84 posted...
If anything vita is highly overrated.

I dont have a vita (i kinda want one) but, huh, everyone kinda bashes it....
---
NP: Walking Dead, Fire Emblem 3DS and P4Arena
#32RayKnightPosted 3/9/2013 11:03:46 AM
MrSpacelySlate posted...
It has some good games, sure, but kids treat this as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

It's not that good, you know.

inb4 Nintendo defense force

You do know that kids own a Vita more than 3DS, right?

So far, I see majority of kids holding a VITA and minority of them are holding a 3DS. Most kids are thrown a Sony product than a Nintendo product.

Sooo...yeah. You know?
---
I didn't kill him. He seemed like a pretty decent guy.
But I did shoot him in the testicles.
- enjoi_number8 on AF, RDR
#33SMASHKING84Posted 3/9/2013 11:11:09 AM
Not really i've only seen a few people bash it.
Were as the majority praises it for it graphics and dual sticks.

When i use the word overated it's because i feel the majority of people praise something more then i feel it should be. I take both negative and postive opinions into consideration.

I bought one because i buy everything by everyone as far as video game hardware.
The only games i own for it i like are disgea 3 and lbp vita i own those two umvc3,hsgolf,and uncharted.

Umvc3 is just no were near as good as marvel versus capcom 2 on ps2,hsgolf i don't like because the second course and after have far too much of a steep difficulty curve compared to course one.

Uncharted feels like an extremely watered down version of uc3,the only reason i keep it is because i stupidity moved my psp and ps1 classics to my vita.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Welcome to my barbecue-kefka ffvi
#34blazeUP12Posted 3/9/2013 11:35:13 AM
The system + library is okay right now. 7.5/10. Still doesn't have many killer apps. Even first party games are not overwhelmingly "must play" titles except for a few.

I think the 3DS wrote a check it couldn't cash in terms of performance capability. A lot of games seem to be held back by the tech, even recent releases. It's been awhile since "frame rate issues" were even a constant point of discussion for any modern platform.

For a handheld that some people claim is even more powerful than the Wii, I expect more robust performance. So when I'm playing 3DS, I feel pleasantly surprised instead of automatically noticing all the shortcomings and having to "deal with it".
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
#35Enigma149Posted 3/9/2013 11:42:28 AM
Aren't you the guy who said that Sonic '06 was better than NSMB2?
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#36xenos74Posted 3/9/2013 11:50:48 AM
blazeUP12 posted...
The system + library is okay right now. 7.5/10. Still doesn't have many killer apps. Even first party games are not overwhelmingly "must play" titles except for a few.

I think the 3DS wrote a check it couldn't cash in terms of performance capability. A lot of games seem to be held back by the tech, even recent releases. It's been awhile since "frame rate issues" were even a constant point of discussion for any modern platform.

For a handheld that some people claim is even more powerful than the Wii, I expect more robust performance. So when I'm playing 3DS, I feel pleasantly surprised instead of automatically noticing all the shortcomings and having to "deal with it".

I don't agree with that part about fps issues not being constant discussion till 3ds. Pretty much in any board you'll find that people will hate on a game as soon as they find out its not 60fps and will go as far as to discourage others from buying said game. Castlevania and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+ come to mind as the most recent ones to receive such treatment.

Home consoles also get this same treatment except you have to add "1080p" to their little rants
#37MarsfordPosted 3/9/2013 11:59:22 AM
TakayaNoriko posted...
Tzuba12 posted...
BlazeVX posted...
The console is alright but i'm more annoyed at how much people say that the 3D is da best thing evar and if you don't use it then you're not a gamer. Seriously all I do is play RPGs on mine and there is nothing 3D can add to RPGs apart from headaches and dizziness.

Please show me where anyone has ever said that. I'll wait.

I'll put the coffee on.

I'll supply the lactose-free cream.
---
Why are you NOT listening to White Skies when you could be listening to White Skies?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MDhdP94TKc
#38Gandalf the IstariPosted 3/9/2013 12:09:38 PM(edited)
BlazeVX posted...
esoteric42 posted...
I thought it was the iPad that all the kids wanted.

I thought the 3DS was more niche, and Apple and mobile phone gaming more mainstream.

Maybe I am out of touch?

No one really want Apple products anymore its all about Android and WIndows RT/Phone now.

Portable consoles now seem to be more niche but it still has its place.

Lol. At this post and most of the others.
#39Rurouni720Posted 3/9/2013 12:07:00 PM
blazeUP12 posted...

That argument regarding your first two paragraphs can be said exactly the same for many other consoles (Like the PS3 in regards to a couple multiplats). I wouldn't overestimate performance issues with the 3DS as a recent talked about trend, developer competency comes to mind.
#40VyersPosted 3/9/2013 12:50:32 PM
As someone who now enjoys the console, I have to agree. For so long it was treated as a top tier console. According to those who loved it then, the launch was good, and OoT3D was the system's killer app, and Super Mario 3D Land was one of the best Mario games ever made, MK7 was better than MKWii, etc. Hell, Samurai Warriors Chronicle - a game that gets a lot of praise for encouraged repetition and for being in a light launch period - still gets praise, even though there are so many better games than it on 3DS alone. Then, with any title that's good, people treat it better than it really is.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, and more~!