This system is so overrated.

#41silverwing525Posted 3/9/2013 11:53:46 AM
This topic makes me a sad panda. :(

seriously dude, if you don't like the system, don't complain, just don't play it.
---
Let the Silver Light of Justice fill the world!
Official Lugia of PMD
#42Mariofan15Posted 3/9/2013 11:53:57 AM
Lol,MrSpacelySlate topic.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:0691-4768-6135
#43mabber_IIIPosted 3/9/2013 11:56:53 AM
I think it's underrated really

people are finally starting to realize this is the best system currently
#44blazeUP12Posted 3/9/2013 12:00:05 PM
xenos74 posted...
blazeUP12 posted...
The system + library is okay right now. 7.5/10. Still doesn't have many killer apps. Even first party games are not overwhelmingly "must play" titles except for a few.

I think the 3DS wrote a check it couldn't cash in terms of performance capability. A lot of games seem to be held back by the tech, even recent releases. It's been awhile since "frame rate issues" were even a constant point of discussion for any modern platform.

For a handheld that some people claim is even more powerful than the Wii, I expect more robust performance. So when I'm playing 3DS, I feel pleasantly surprised instead of automatically noticing all the shortcomings and having to "deal with it".

I don't agree with that part about fps issues not being constant discussion till 3ds. Pretty much in any board you'll find that people will hate on a game as soon as they find out its not 60fps and will go as far as to discourage others from buying said game. Castlevania and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+ come to mind as the most recent ones to receive such treatment.

Home consoles also get this same treatment except you have to add "1080p" to their little rants

Let me clarify - 3DS frame rate issues are more severe than other platforms. There's a big difference between trouble maintaining a solid 60 fps and trouble maintaining 30 fps for example.

I've played much of the Wii/PS3 software libraries and never really noticed frame rate issues except for in a few titles here and there. With the 3DS, my overall impression is lesser because so many games fail to reach that certain performance level - When you look at the games and are genuinely impressed instead of noticing several things that could be improved upon.

I notice a lot of people here like to ignore the 3DS' shortcomings or blame them on lazy developers, but as more and more titles come out, you can get an overall feel of the power of the system, and for the 3DS it just seems to struggle more than other platforms, Wii included, which I must say had several gorgeous games pushing 60 fps flawlessly.
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
#45Galaxy_NovaPosted 3/9/2013 12:01:08 PM
TheGreatUnown posted...
You know what I feel is overrated? OoT.

*flame shields*

Ok now stop. You are just looking for attention Lol
---
Refreshing Like A Spring Breeze.
#46SefcaBlightPosted 3/9/2013 12:06:14 PM
why are people falling for this
---
I walk ten thousand miles, ten thousand miles to see you
#47kewldude475Posted 3/9/2013 12:14:52 PM
mabber_III posted...
I think it's underrated really

people are finally starting to realize this is the best system currently

lol.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
#48SMASHKING84Posted 3/9/2013 12:16:02 PM
Oot is claimed by many as the best game ever.
That's definitely overated.
However if you just think oot is good or it's ONE of the best games ever(meaning you have an imaginary list of your favorites and oot is SOMEWHERE on it) then that's not overated because both statements are pretty true.

Oot is a little outdated but it's still a game with very few flaws(namely the difficulty,the feild design,and the plot being pretty weak by today's standards). There's no real reason to hate it,maybe your bitter because some people like it more then your favorite game but that's not a legitimate reason to hate anything.

My favorite game is ffvi i get sick people saying ffvii is better,but i don't let my bitterness get in my way of enjoying ffvii.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Welcome to my barbecue-kefka ffvi
#49ShenanigansMan2Posted 3/9/2013 12:18:06 PM
Galaxy_Nova posted...
TheGreatUnown posted...
You know what I feel is overrated? OoT.

*flame shields*

Ok now stop. You are just looking for attention Lol

Are you implying that wasn't the point of this topic in the first place?
---
Every time someone reads this signature, a puppy dies
..You monster
#50LhunthangionPosted 3/9/2013 12:23:01 PM
MrSpacelySlate posted...
It has some good games, sure, but kids treat this as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

It's not that good, you know.

inb4 Nintendo defense force

TC can't be inb4 anything.
---
I AM ERROR.