Are you surpried that Vita was dominated by 3DS?

#41lunchEATSyouPosted 3/10/2013 10:29:46 AM
Serious replies in a protect_badgers topic? come on man!
---
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog
#42Rurouni720Posted 3/10/2013 10:30:01 AM
Natureboy99 posted...
Some would argue that although 3ds sells more, Vita has better games. 3ds is way cheaper and therefore gets 100% of the parent sales. Review scores are a useless metric because reviewers compare 3ds games against other 3ds games, while Vita games often get compared to ps3 games. These 2 platforms are a gen apart, which is why Vita is getting tons of high end 3rd party games while 3ds gets scraps. Madden, nfs, edf, nlks, pso2, and tons of fighters and fps are only on Vita because of the power gap. Dont fool yourself. Games wise Vita is winning. 3ds gets Nintendo first party and thats about it. Even monster hunter is better on wiiu. Mh4 wont be exclusive.

1st bold, Well they are opinions so it's not surprising.

2st bold is pretty totally wrong lol. Unless you count Ace Attorney, PxZ, SMTIV, Braverly Default (hinted a lot to come hear), Ace Attorney vs Layton, CoP, and etc as "scraps" then i wouldn't want to know how that kind of definition suits your view point.

3rd bold is subjective and while i have little distaste for the Vita (it deserves games too), you're definitely blind if you factually believe the 3DS's overall 2013 lineup isn't competitive enough. Interests on the other hand is a different story.

4rd, keep believing that because many other people who actually took a stab at the 3DS's overall library (or even the DS) would probably laugh at that farce claim. 3DS does have a coupel of 1st party game coming for it that people are interested in, but to believe it's all that's going for it on the 3DS is pretty laughable considering Japan are heads and heels all over supporting for the platform.

5th, not for a long-term time (because cacpcom) but you can bet it will stay on the 3DS for a while and sell megaton. It makes too much sense for Capcom too not ignore it and keep MH4 an exclusive on it. There's no arguing or spinning it and that's reality.
#43Lord_FroodPosted 3/10/2013 10:31:45 AM
Am I surprised? No.
Am I surprised Vita has been doing this poorly? Yes.
---
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#44AzurexNightmarePosted 3/10/2013 10:32:09 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Both the 3DS and the Vita are awesome systems with great games. ;-)

---
PS3, Vita, 3DS. PSN: xLionhartx
I love DMC, DmC, and MGR. Deal with it.
#45SMASHKING84Posted 3/10/2013 10:32:49 AM
protect_badgers posted...
Second_Chances posted...
Yes. I was hoping it would be more equal.

Instead of two amazing systems, we only get one. Are you happy now? Because you shouldn't be.

I am happy. And why not? Sony can be the one to go broke or 3rd party.

as if sony wouldn't last a day as a third party because 90% of the games they have are third party...
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Welcome to my barbecue-kefka ffvi
#46vectorman5Posted 3/10/2013 10:35:19 AM
Only time Nintendo got dominated in the handheld market was when they made the virtual boy, and then they were just competing against themselves.
---
If the Sega Master System was a speed bump to the NES, the Atari 7800 was a tire-staining squirrel.
#47ObtuseAnginaPosted 3/10/2013 10:41:52 AM
vectorman5 posted...
Only time Nintendo got dominated in the handheld market was when they made the virtual boy, and then they were just competing against themselves.

Even though the virtualboy was marketed as a portable, was it really a portable system though? I mean could you imagine playing a virtualboy in a car or on a plane or something? I would imagine if you tried to play a virtualboy on a plane you would be arrested and put on the no fly list.
---
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_http://i.imgur.com/3f4yT.jpg But if you're gonna cheat,
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,...you might as well be a fairy while you're at it.
#48Starwars4JPosted 3/10/2013 11:26:05 AM
Natureboy99 posted...
3ds gets Nintendo first party and thats about it. Even monster hunter is better on wiiu. Mh4 wont be exclusive.

lmao, Nintendo has first party and third party support. Sony has neither. That's probably why the Vita is failing so hard.

And yes, MH3 is better on the Wii U, just like how almost all of the Vita's library is better on the PS3 :)
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#49Lelouch71Posted 3/10/2013 12:41:06 PM(edited)
Um...no not really

Anyone who thought the Vita was a threat are delusional. Nintendo always dominate the handheld market. Not even the PSP could create a large enough dent. However, it did better than most handhelds that tried to go against Nintendo. If the PSP couldn't do it then Vita sure as hell couldn't. What I am surprise about is how much it has been flopping. This past week was the only time it did reasonably well in Japan.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#50deimos91Posted 3/10/2013 12:37:11 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Both the 3DS and the Vita are awesome systems with great games. ;-)

Vita has games besides p4 and LBP
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951