Are you surpried that Vita was dominated by 3DS?

#612wingedangelPosted 3/10/2013 4:40:14 PM
To be fair, I wouldn't oppose the Vita as much if it had some games that I wanted. Maybe a new Final Fantasy, maybe a long awaited Mega Man. Until it has at least 5 must have games for me (3 if there's a price cut), I won't be getting a Vita.
---
Lover of all things cute and pretty. <3
Black 2 FC: 4213-1800-0462
#62Bancario51Posted 3/10/2013 4:55:51 PM
I buy systems for their games and thats why I don't own an Xbox.
---
What is the meaning of life? A: Nanomachines, son
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#63Natureboy99Posted 3/10/2013 5:16:26 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Rurouni720 posted...
Natureboy99 posted...
Some would argue that although 3ds sells more, Vita has better games. 3ds is way cheaper and therefore gets 100% of the parent sales. Review scores are a useless metric because reviewers compare 3ds games against other 3ds games, while Vita games often get compared to ps3 games. These 2 platforms are a gen apart, which is why Vita is getting tons of high end 3rd party games while 3ds gets scraps. Madden, nfs, edf, nlks, pso2, and tons of fighters and fps are only on Vita because of the power gap. Dont fool yourself. Games wise Vita is winning. 3ds gets Nintendo first party and thats about it. Even monster hunter is better on wiiu. Mh4 wont be exclusive.

1st bold, Well they are opinions so it's not surprising.

2st bold is pretty totally wrong lol. Unless you count Ace Attorney, PxZ, SMTIV, Braverly Default (hinted a lot to come hear), Ace Attorney vs Layton, CoP, and etc as "scraps" then i wouldn't want to know how that kind of definition suits your view point.

3rd bold is subjective and while i have little distaste for the Vita (it deserves games too), you're definitely blind if you factually believe the 3DS's overall 2013 lineup isn't competitive enough. Interests on the other hand is a different story.

4rd, keep believing that because many other people who actually took a stab at the 3DS's overall library (or even the DS) would probably laugh at that farce claim. 3DS does have a coupel of 1st party game coming for it that people are interested in, but to believe it's all that's going for it on the 3DS is pretty laughable considering Japan are heads and heels all over supporting for the platform.

5th, not for a long-term time (because cacpcom) but you can bet it will stay on the 3DS for a while and sell megaton. It makes too much sense for Capcom too not ignore it and keep MH4 an exclusive on it. There's no arguing or spinning it and that's reality.

Never respond to a Natureboy99 post seriously.

Hey dont troll. I respect real arguments.

1- Agreed, its opinion
2-I do count them. Im talking about 3rd party games that go to Vita strictly because of its power. Also, those games you mentioned I have read the previews but they havnt interested me. Im a huge Layton fan too.
3- Im not talking about sales. Im talking about quality. 3ds games sell well.
4- Yeah, and a lot of Japanese developers are falling way behind western devs. They go for 3ds because thats the only platform left that they dont have to learn anything or invest in new dev environments. Seriously, with a few exceptions, Japanese devs are lagging.
5- mh3u is coming to wiiu simultaneously. I think mh4 will do the same.

Im not trying to be harsh, just realistic. 3ds will have a nice life in sales. But it has the worst games out of every modern games only platform. I guess its the big mac or the ford fiesta of the video game world.
---
Voted class of 2079 most likely to abuse time travel
#64cymanxPosted 3/10/2013 5:26:12 PM
If I had known that the PSP had such a HUGE freaking flaw, I never would have bothered with it. Good games, and the lack of developement in the US for it made me not want to bother with a VITA. With the 3DS, I played it before, but it didn't feel as "nice", but as more games came out, I knew I was to get this system. It's a great little handheld.
---
"Staying dead." can you imagine?
#65Rurouni720Posted 3/10/2013 5:46:02 PM(edited)
Natureboy99 posted...
Hey dont troll. I respect real arguments.

1- Agreed, its opinion
2-I do count them. Im talking about 3rd party games that go to Vita strictly because of its power. Also, those games you mentioned I have read the previews but they havnt interested me. Im a huge Layton fan too.
3- Im not talking about sales. Im talking about quality. 3ds games sell well.
4- Yeah, and a lot of Japanese developers are falling way behind western devs. They go for 3ds because thats the only platform left that they dont have to learn anything or invest in new dev environments. Seriously, with a few exceptions, Japanese devs are lagging.
5- mh3u is coming to wiiu simultaneously. I think mh4 will do the same.

Im not trying to be harsh, just realistic. 3ds will have a nice life in sales. But it has the worst games out of every modern games only platform. I guess its the big mac or the ford fiesta of the video game world.

1. Indeed
2. Understandable
3. And share quality as well, but not all though mind you. Either way even best sellers can still pack a good amount of quality too.
4. ? I don't follow, i thought that was because the 3DS is an easy platform to develop for and safely profit out of for third parties due to the fact that it's the successor to the DS (the most successful handheld of all time worldwide) and less expensive on development costs for games. And if third party sales on the DS/3DS in Japan are anything to go by, i think they've made the right choice in supporting it considering how they're doing even better than the DS.
5. True.

I'm sorry but i almost took you're entire post seriously until touted such nonsense, the 3DS has and will continue to receive a great amount of quality games for it in the future. Good games or bad (which you could say the same for any platform). That isn't being realistic, it's very short sighted and ignorant to claim such. Especially since we're on it's THIRD year cycle in receiving games. 3DS can, and will sell well with quality titles hitting it on it's stride.

So sorry but i cannot agree with that notion.
#66McMarblesPosted 3/10/2013 6:03:47 PM
Lord_Frood posted...
Am I surprised? No.
Am I surprised Vita has been doing this poorly? Yes.

In this market, I'm not surprised a $250 handheld didn't do well, seeing as a $250 handheld didn't do well in 2011 either. Toss in that it's a $50 handheld with expensive memory cards that isn't fully backwards-compatible with its successor, and you could predict the outcome.
---
Currently playing: Tales of the Abyss (3DS version), Pushmo
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#67MATADOR480Posted 3/10/2013 11:54:40 PM
DahlVaughnni posted...
Pork_buttonmash posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
Both the 3DS and the Vita are awesome systems with great games. ;-)

Finally! Someone one this board with a good head on their shoulders!

Umm... no.... The vita does not have great games. In general I agree with your way of thinking. xbox360 ps3 and wii all have great things going for them and THAT particular console war was stupid.

The psp, though it lacked a great library, did have some redeeming qualities.

The vita on the other hand, at this point has absolutely nothing worth owning ever.

Umm.... yeah, okay buddy.
---
3DS FC: 5456-0191-1034 PSN ID: MATADOR480 (PM if you add)