Wasn't there supposed to be a tool to transfer data from game carts to SD card?

#1_Unowninator_Posted 3/9/2013 9:59:18 PM
Whatever happened to it? I want to start a new game of Pokemon Rumble Blast, but I don't want to spend unnecessary money, or lose my current save data.
---
I got suspended for impersonating myself. ~ Error1355
I got banned for admitting I was myself. I win imo
~ TRC
#2IAznDragonI YanPosted 3/9/2013 10:01:01 PM
maybe later this year
---
X: X... you called me X... is that my name?
Dr. Light: That's right. It's a variable. It represents unlimited potential.
#3LinkMaster2703Posted 3/9/2013 10:01:53 PM
I don't think it was ever even announced for a U.S. release.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/C_Dalke
#490sRetroGamingPosted 3/9/2013 10:09:15 PM(edited)
Japan is supposed to be getting it this month:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/01/satoru_iwata_announces_3ds_save_data_transfer_tool

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/388358/3ds-save-data-transfer-tool-announced-for-japan/

Other regions should follow suit soon.. hopefully..
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#5Thunderbird8Posted 3/9/2013 10:09:27 PM
Nothing's been confirmed for the US, and the Japanese one has been said to be released in March. And as far as I could tell from looking up information about it, it only transfers save data, so you'd still have to purchase the digital version.
#6-Unowninator-Posted 3/9/2013 10:38:30 PM
Thunderbird8 posted...
Nothing's been confirmed for the US, and the Japanese one has been said to be released in March. And as far as I could tell from looking up information about it, it only transfers save data, so you'd still have to purchase the digital version.

Are you sure about that? Because that seems really absurd to me.
---
I got suspended for impersonating myself. ~ Error1355
I got banned for admitting I was myself. I win imo
~ TRC
#7IAznDragonI YanPosted 3/9/2013 10:53:08 PM
yes. why would the tool transfer game data as well as save data to your 3ds? you would have two of the same games plus it would be like the hd loader for ps2 except you can install 3ds games to your 3ds for free
---
X: X... you called me X... is that my name?
Dr. Light: That's right. It's a variable. It represents unlimited potential.
#8keyblader1985Posted 3/9/2013 11:12:44 PM
3rdAlt_of_Unown posted...

I'd say the opposite is absurd. Free install = free games.
---
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/keyblader.jpg
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
#990sRetroGamingPosted 3/9/2013 11:30:51 PM(edited)
3rdAlt_of_Unown posted...
Thunderbird8 posted...

Yeah. no doubt it would be pretty sweet to be able transfer over full games but this tool is specifically designed to just transfer over the save data from a physical game card over to an SD card lol.

That said bought MK7 physically on release day back in 2011 and bought my MK7 XL holiday bundle this past december, which had MK7 pre-installed digitally already. since it's permanently installed on my XL i will wan't my save from my physical copy completely moved over to my digital copy to have with me at all times.

Same deal with SM3DL. i bought the game on release day back in 2011 but will be getting the digital version of the game for free with this upcoming XL/Luigi's Mansion/Pokemon promotion. i wanna transfer the save from my physical copy over to my digital copy to have at all times.

Then if can get $30 in cash or credit for each (or close to it) i'll dump them lol.

Also i want to know if save's from both a physical copy and a digital copy will combine?. i have everything unlocked, triple starred and completed on my physical copy of MK7, along with well over 15,000VR maybe close to 20,000 coins. close to 100 Streetpasses.

My digital copy of MK7, that i've been playing instead for the past three months now has all the classes unlocked, triple starred and completed but all items aren't unlocked yet. my VR and coin count is much much lower on my digital copy as well. maybe like 11-15 Streetpasses.

I hope everything will add up and combine into one like the eShop accounts do during the system transfer, or playing the digital copy will have been a complete waste of time :(.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#10Thunderbird8Posted 3/9/2013 11:30:43 PM
The PS3 does the same thing (would have to buy a digital version separately), and I've heard while the 360 does allow one to install discs to the hard drive, you still need the disc in the system to launch the game. I've also heard that some PS3 games allow themselves to be installed to the hard drive, but the same caveat applies.

If a system let you install a game card/game disc to the hard drive/SD card and then not need the disc, you could essentially get games for free or close to it by selling off the game after you've installed it (or renting games for the same purpose).