Does Pokemon Soul Silver look like s*** on the 3DS?

#1HellsingOrgPosted 3/10/2013 1:32:19 AM
I heard that Pokemon Black and White and B&W 2 look very very bad on the 3ds when compared to other DS games.

washed out colors
very noticeable pixelation
brightness being high

and some other stuff.

Should I just buy a DS lite to play DS pokemon games on or should I play DS pokemon games just on my 3ds?
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#2Deimos259Posted 3/10/2013 1:42:08 AM
It looks okay
---
http://i.imgur.com/CbbgQoM.jpg
#3Nophoria88Posted 3/10/2013 1:50:41 AM
Don't buy a DS Lite, I did that recently, severely regretted it and resold it promptly. It felt cheap compared to todays models and the screens were tiny. They don't look bad enough to buy a separate system whatsoever.
#4gfaqsterPosted 3/10/2013 2:01:45 AM
Do not buy DS games to play on your 3DS! they look very bad.

Buy a ds lite to play DS games because it plays them in their native resolution at full screen.
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
--Lightning--
#5IAznDragonI YanPosted 3/10/2013 2:03:54 AM
^ no. why waste extra money on a ds just to play 1 ds game? what's up with people and asking if ds games look bad on 3ds. of course it does but it doesn't make it bad to not enjoy the game. i recently beat pokemon black 2 on my XL and the graphics didnt bother me.

besides, you can shrink the screen to ds resolution if you care about the graphics so much
---
X: X... you called me X... is that my name?
Dr. Light: That's right. It's a variable. It represents unlimited potential.
#6gfaqsterPosted 3/10/2013 2:06:45 AM
IAznDragonI Yan posted...
^ no. why waste extra money on a ds just to play 1 ds game? what's up with people and asking if ds games look bad on 3ds. of course it does but it doesn't make it bad to not enjoy the game. i recently beat pokemon black 2 on my XL and the graphics didnt bother me.

besides, you can shrink the screen to ds resolution if you care about the graphics so much

Yeah I love playing shrunken DS games on a 3ds >_>
the screens are actually tinier than ds lite screens if you shrink them on the 3ds.

I don't want to ruin my eyes that much lol.
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
--Lightning--
#7IAznDragonI YanPosted 3/10/2013 2:14:43 AM
with the money you would have wasted on a ds when you have a 3ds, you could buy heart gold or even black/white 2 if you don't have it.

seriously, it's like you have a wii and you want to buy smash bros melee (own gc controllers) but some guy says to buy a gamecube to play the game on it even though the wii is capable of playing the gamecube game.
---
X: X... you called me X... is that my name?
Dr. Light: That's right. It's a variable. It represents unlimited potential.
#8thetoughkidPosted 3/10/2013 2:19:43 AM
gfaqster posted...

the screens are actually tinier than ds lite screens if you shrink them on the 3ds.

Lol.....well have fun wasting alot of money for no good reason.
---
3DS FC: 4656 - 6217 - 3476
PSN: Dupichos
#9FefnirOmega13Posted 3/10/2013 2:43:58 AM
thetoughkid posted...
gfaqster posted...

Lol.....well have fun wasting alot of money for no good reason.

It's a perfectly good reason. It's not for everyone, since everyone will potentially see it differently, but I certainly can see the jagged edges and pixellation, even on old games like Metroid Prime Hunters, Magical Starsign and Super Princess Peach. It looks awful, and I just can't play my DS games on my 3DS for that reason.

It's not really "a lot of money", either. DS phats and lites are cheap as chips today second hand- I've seen them going for about 19.99-29.99 in second-hand shops, so it may be proficient to have a look around and see if you can get one for a good price. You can always ask to test it to see if it works in-store, too.

Then again, I buy most of my gaming material second hand, since all our game shops in the UK (or at least around where I live in London...) are either dead, dying, or do not stock a lot of non-AAA games like the Rune Factories or Harvest Moons; and the only shop around here that does stock non-AAA capitalises on it and extorts people to death for it- 40 for Rune Factory 3 is a ridiculous notion when I could get the game with a box and manual for 12.
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#10arameakaPosted 3/10/2013 6:19:09 AM
First world problems.

The difference is negligible and the Pokemon games have never been about astounding graphics in the first place.