Early Review: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (9/10)

#21Mariofan15Posted 3/10/2013 2:40:39 PM
Anyone who's disappointed with the exploration has no reason to be. It was obvious that would be sacrificed in favor of more Mansions. So I dont know why that seems so surprising. Regardless,still looking forward to the game.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:0691-4768-6135
#22wiiking96Posted 3/10/2013 2:58:55 PM
To be honest, the first Luigi's Mansion wasn't all that exploration heavy, and it had the problem of backtracking. They did also only say it's "a little more streamlined", so it shouldn't be too bad.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#23L0ZPosted 3/10/2013 3:03:18 PM
Ugh more linear than the first?
---
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
#24Solid_SOAPPosted 3/10/2013 3:15:19 PM
Sounds good to me, similar to my expectations. Less exploration, but more puzzle solving and such, sounds good to me although I'm gonna miss exploring and trying to find my way around one environment. I reckon this is going to be more fun for speed-running and perfecting each run through the mansions more than it will be for exploring and such, and I have no problem with that. Lately I've really been enjoying arcade-like experiences that push you to replay sections of the game with better parts/more experience so you can get the best score possible.
#25Genericgamer667Posted 3/10/2013 3:33:21 PM(edited)
alot of cynicism here huh?
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#26mahgah91Posted 3/10/2013 3:46:34 PM
jedinat posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
Sadly, i subconsciously knew exploration was going to be sacrificed when we had more mansions.

Honestly, the older I get the less patience I have for wandering aimlessly around in video games. Which is all "exploration" usually is. There is of course a happy medium between moving through obvious corridors and wandering aimlessly, which I'd hope this game achieves... I never actually played the first game so I don't know how it panned out there.

I feel you halfway. The older I get, the less time I have for anything and the more I appreciate a game that paces itself well but I still like to get lost in a well crafted world.