Pach-Attack - Iwata a poor CEO, Nintendo's a bad company, hardware business make

#21Genericgamer667Posted 3/10/2013 2:47:30 PM
i bet he sings songs about how great EA is
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#22Hejiru206Posted 3/10/2013 2:55:22 PM
shampoowarrior posted...
In all fairness, **** Iwata.

Screw you, Iwata rocks.
---
"Who knows what Mario will look like in the future? Maybe he'll wear metallic clothes!" -Shigeru Miyamoto, five years before Super Mario 64
#23CatalystGuitar18Posted 3/10/2013 3:21:32 PM
CEOs don't really do anything. Nintendo being a bad company has to due with the fact that the majority of the shares of their stock are held by a small group of people who are very close to the company. Therefore, Nintendo does not feel as accountable to public opinion as the should.

http://thebuildnetwork.com/leadership/overestimating-ceo-power/
---
Come check out my music at www.last.fm/music/tyler+hellner
PSN ID: Senor_Rub_a_Dub
#24Rurouni720(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 3:30:41 PM
Vyers posted...
Iwata I have mixed feelings on.

On one hand, he saved Nintendo. On the other hand, that led him to ruining Nintendo. The Wii and DS, MUCH so the Wii, began to accumulate a number of casual prioritizing games. With the 3DS and Wii U, Iwata led a disturbing trend of trying to sell a game console based on a gimmick, rather than the games that the gimmick uses. If Nintendo continues with this reckless business model, it's going to be hurting. It may be able to afford to lose billions while still having a warchest, but it's entirely possible that continued struggles such as the Wii U will result in them avoiding the console race from now on.

Depends what your definition of what "ruining Nintendo" means. I half disagree on the DS, yeah it may have had a couple of shovelware and a lot of casual marketing but at least the quality third party support was still there and such. For the Wii, yep. Except for one thing he was able to turn the 3DS from selling even worse SW/HW numbers at $250 even if the price drop took a toll on Nintendo's profits and his salarys. Though the 3DS's January numbers and missed projections are another story so it still needs more pushes in the West. Same with the Wii U in which it's situation isn't pretty further notice, but i don't believe it will remain in a lackluster position for a while longer.

No chance of that, they'd be better off thinking of a different strategy for their consoles than to just quit it (considering how much worldwide $$$ they still made from the Wii/DS era combined). Otherwise Nintendo IPs would get swifted and buried for good if they left, since i believe Nintendo are said to thrive more profits off their consoles and wouldn't ditch them as such. Heck, Sony are still here despite losing so much money on the PS3 for half of the current generation along with the Vita's entire 1st year fiasco post-launch.

Point is, i doubt Nintendo will go anywhere out of the race even with constant doom. N64, GC, or even the Wii couldn't do it. And neither could the PS3 for Sony.
#25xKYSxPosted 3/10/2013 3:32:02 PM
for a ceo to cut his salary because of the company expectation failed to meet the quarter, this is a huge +++ on my book. alot of CEOs from some major companies won't even do that.
---
360 GT & PSN = xKYSx.
#26mjc0961Posted 3/10/2013 4:32:19 PM
SS4kronos33 posted...
shampoowarrior posted...

In all fairness, **** Iwata.
-----------------------------------------------

In all fairness, ****Reggie.

FIXED

In all fairness, f*** Pachter.

Now it's fixed.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#27mjc0961Posted 3/10/2013 4:35:25 PM
Vyers posted...
pikachupwnage posted...
Nnamz posted...
Regardless of peoples opinions of Iwata, can we all agree Pachter is a tool?

Yup. He is a unprofessional ass hat.

I hear he's a pretty decent guy.

I hear that he's a complete idiot and not a guy you want to be around.

I hear that directly from him whenever he says things like real time strategy games are turned based.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#28VyersPosted 3/10/2013 5:23:09 PM
mjc0961 posted...
Vyers posted...
pikachupwnage posted...
Nnamz posted...
Regardless of peoples opinions of Iwata, can we all agree Pachter is a tool?

Yup. He is a unprofessional ass hat.

I hear he's a pretty decent guy.

I hear that he's a complete idiot and not a guy you want to be around.

I hear that directly from him whenever he says things like real time strategy games are turned based.

So you determine a person's value by their knowledge of video games
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, and more~!
#29ecco6t9Posted 3/10/2013 10:41:28 PM
Reggie is the real problem with Nintendo.
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.
#30VyersPosted 3/10/2013 10:51:07 PM
ecco6t9 posted...
Reggie is the real problem with Nintendo.

Everything Reggie says he is told to say. Everything done by NoA is done by NCL.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, and more~!