Pach-Attack - Iwata a poor CEO, Nintendo's a bad company, hardware business make

#31Natureboy99Posted 3/10/2013 10:12:09 PM
Deep down, do people really like the plastic that Nintendo makes? Judging by 3Ds and WiiU early sales, people don't care about Nintendos hardware. They are both quite lame when compared to pretty much everything else out there. As I think back, the only time I was wowed by Nintendo hardware was the N64 analog. The DS touch was amusing, but not amazing. Wii remote was a terrible step in the wrong direction. GC controller was nice, but so are the PS and Xbox controllers.

PEOPLE BUY NINTENDO CONSOLES FOR THE GAMES. the GAMES!!! Take off the fanboy console war hat for a moment and become a true gamer. If Nintendo published games on IOS, Android, PC, XBox, PS, etc, they would make SO much more money on software. Hardware they are not doing well this gen. As a gamer its 1 less platform you need to buy, and a wider audience gets to play Nintendo games. You would still get your pokemon, fire emblem, Mario, and Zelda. But it would be on your iphone or ipad instead of your 3DS. Zelda would be on PS4 instead of WiiU.

Just imagine what Nintendo devs could do if they weren't constrained by their own hardware! You want an epic fully open world Zelda? You won't get it on WiiU. But PS4s 8GB of RAM could pull that off! It even can use Vita as a screen controller if thats important to the dev.

Pachter is a professional and a pretty smart guy. There is a reason he has a long running show, and its not because he fires up fanboys.

Nintendo going third party would be good for Nintendo, and great for gamers. It won't happen, because the people running Nintendo are proud. So its all just a dream right now. But someday perhaps we will see the best developers at Nintendo making games for the best hardware. Wouldn't that be cool?
---
Voted class of 2079 most likely to abuse time travel
#32Natureboy99Posted 3/10/2013 10:14:39 PM
Vyers posted...
ecco6t9 posted...
Reggie is the real problem with Nintendo.

Everything Reggie says he is told to say. Everything done by NoA is done by NCL.

Yeah, Reggie is a cheerleader. The true leaders are in Japan.
---
Voted class of 2079 most likely to abuse time travel
#33SMASHKING84Posted 3/10/2013 10:38:45 PM
iwata isn't the problem it's a certain someone that people treat like a god,as well the meminator
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Welcome to my barbecue-kefka ffvi
#34emagdnEPosted 3/10/2013 10:51:40 PM
Pachter's made plenty of bad predictions, but Iwata IS ****ing horrible, one of the worst people to ever live, that is assuming he is even human (could a mere man cause Miyamoto and Sakurai to become the monsters they are today? I don't think so)

the casuals have left him for iOS, and plenty of us longtime Nintendo fans aren't going to fund him.....

57k sales in a 5 week month, with rumors of it really selling 100k but there being mass returns, and NPD taking that into account for their 57k figure

LOL!
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#35SMASHKING84Posted 3/10/2013 11:02:33 PM
emagdnE posted...
Pachter's made plenty of bad predictions, but Iwata IS ****ing horrible, one of the worst people to ever live, that is assuming he is even human (could a mere man cause Miyamoto and Sakurai to become the monsters they are today? I don't think so)

the casuals have left him for iOS, and plenty of us longtime Nintendo fans aren't going to fond him.....

57k sales in a 5 week month, with rumors of it really selling 100k but there being mass returns, and NPD taking that into account for their 57k figure

LOL!

fixed your spelling.
I really don't think you have good memory miyamoto pitched the idea of motion control to iwata(i'll see if i can find the interview)
before iwata joined nintendo was on the verge of banruptcy like him or not but he did his job,which was to make money.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Welcome to my barbecue-kefka ffvi
#36IHeartMetroidPosted 3/10/2013 11:05:57 PM
Whichever CEO or corporate head decided to just let Cing die instead of allowing Last Window to be released in the US (which would have saved the company)-

I hate them.

Iwata? Myamoto? Yamauchi? Reggie? Some random fat guy with a Cheeto-stained finger on the "do not publish" button?

Because there's SOMEONE there holding back great games and companies are dying because of it.
---
Currently ignoring 3 users.
If I haven't responded to a post directly addressed to me, that's probably why.
#37robomasteralphaPosted 3/11/2013 12:52:03 AM
emagdnE posted...

the casuals have left him for iOS, and plenty of us longtime Nintendo fans aren't going to fund him.....

LOL!

I never knew Iwata went around kicking puppies and lighting hobos on fire.

You know what will make everyone feel better?

Ice cream Pokémon!

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/3/39/584Vanilluxe.png
---
Shop smart. Shop Mario Mart.
#38IHeartMetroidPosted 3/11/2013 1:05:42 AM
"I never knew Iwata went around kicking puppies and lighting hobos on fire."

I would say that allowing a company (and one that makes great games, to boot) to be snuffed out, merely out of sheer indifference, and basically forcing everyone in that particular company to be dumped out on the street actually ranks higher on the evil list than kicking a puppy.

Maybe not as high as lighting a hobo on fire (how big a fire are we talking about? Gas fire or just a lighter on his jacket?), but what Iwata and the rest of Nintendo has done is pretty damned evil.
---
Currently ignoring 3 users.
If I haven't responded to a post directly addressed to me, that's probably why.
#39ImGanondorfLolPosted 3/11/2013 3:11:36 AM
Never seen him talking in a video, he doesn't seem like as much of a d**k when he's talking in a video.
#40schlanzPosted 3/11/2013 4:47:02 AM
Natureboy99 posted...
Deep down, do people really like the plastic that Nintendo makes? Judging by 3Ds and WiiU early sales, people don't care about Nintendos hardware. They are both quite lame when compared to pretty much everything else out there. As I think back, the only time I was wowed by Nintendo hardware was the N64 analog. The DS touch was amusing, but not amazing. Wii remote was a terrible step in the wrong direction. GC controller was nice, but so are the PS and Xbox controllers.

PEOPLE BUY NINTENDO CONSOLES FOR THE GAMES. the GAMES!!! Take off the fanboy console war hat for a moment and become a true gamer. If Nintendo published games on IOS, Android, PC, XBox, PS, etc, they would make SO much more money on software. Hardware they are not doing well this gen. As a gamer its 1 less platform you need to buy, and a wider audience gets to play Nintendo games. You would still get your pokemon, fire emblem, Mario, and Zelda. But it would be on your iphone or ipad instead of your 3DS. Zelda would be on PS4 instead of WiiU.

Just imagine what Nintendo devs could do if they weren't constrained by their own hardware! You want an epic fully open world Zelda? You won't get it on WiiU. But PS4s 8GB of RAM could pull that off! It even can use Vita as a screen controller if thats important to the dev.

Pachter is a professional and a pretty smart guy. There is a reason he has a long running show, and its not because he fires up fanboys.

Nintendo going third party would be good for Nintendo, and great for gamers. It won't happen, because the people running Nintendo are proud. So its all just a dream right now. But someday perhaps we will see the best developers at Nintendo making games for the best hardware. Wouldn't that be cool?

Except Nintendo makes money off of their systems unlike competitors and sell a ridiculous amount of software despite not being 3rd party. People that really want to play Nintendo games buy their systems. Going 3rd party won't necessarily broaden their audience as much as you might think.

Even though Nintendo doesn't focus on having the most powerful systems (they never have) the games they make on them are still gold; and I appreciate that they try going in unconventional directions with their hardware even if it doesn't work 100% as well as you would want (i.e. Wiimote ended up needing Wiimote+, 3DS screen viewing angle, circle pad pro) and even if the "core" crowd deems it "gimmicky" (gimmicks are not inherently a bad thing but gamers tend to think gimmick means bad/stupid/ect)

I'm not sure how you can say "hardware they are doing bad this gen" when the 3DS has been doing well as of late (it already passed PS3 lifetime sales in Japan for example), and the Wii U has barely been out long enough to judge (remember how long it took the PS3 to pick up steam?) It isn't a sprint, it's a marathon when it comes to system sales. People buy them at all different points in the product lifecycle. The "no games" claims only hold water for so long.. why do people expect new systems to have bunches of AAA games out within the first 6 months? It's unrealistic and hasn't happened often if ever in the past.

Personally I hope Nintendo never goes 3rd party. It would feel dirty playing a Mario game on an iPhone or an Xbox. Their games belong on their systems.
---
This aggression will not stand, man
Currently playing: Dead Space 3