Do you feel like Nintendo owes us a new Zelda release for the 3DS?

#71VyersPosted 3/11/2013 1:12:16 PM
SailorSatourne posted...
Last I checked, I never did any favors for nintendo that would be worth the production cost of a new game, so they don't legally owe me a new Zelda game.

Last I checked, I am not dependent on new Zelda releases to survive, so they don't ethically owe me a new Zelda game either.

Don't worry, TC. One day you'll mature a little and realize there's more to life than Zelda.

So I can confirm that you've pirated all Nintendo games. That's the only way you could have been playing Nintendo games w/o doing favours for them.

You're a consumer. You decide what Nintendo should make.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, and more~!
#72Mariofan15Posted 3/11/2013 1:43:58 PM
lifeline81 posted...
Mariofan15 posted...
They dont owe us nothing.

anything ^

Dont nitpick.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:0691-4768-6135
#73SailorSatournePosted 3/11/2013 3:04:30 PM
Buying something isn't doing a favor. That's a transaction. If I gave Nintendo $50 just because I like them so much, THAT would be a favor.

Instead, I give them $50, they give me a game. We both get something out of it. Tobe a favor, it has to be one-sided.

And I don't decide what anyone makes. If I did, PN03 would've gotten a sequel, and Mother 3 would have gotten an English release.
---
Placeholder signature so people don't skip the last line of my posts.
#74VyersPosted 3/11/2013 3:51:54 PM
SailorSatourne posted...
Buying something isn't doing a favor. That's a transaction. If I gave Nintendo $50 just because I like them so much, THAT would be a favor.

Instead, I give them $50, they give me a game. We both get something out of it. Tobe a favor, it has to be one-sided.

And I don't decide what anyone makes. If I did, PN03 would've gotten a sequel, and Mother 3 would have gotten an English release.

Consumers are the one and only reason Nintendo is not going bankrupt.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, and more~!
#75SailorSatournePosted 3/11/2013 4:13:36 PM
Vyers posted...
SailorSatourne posted...

Your point? Being a consumer isn't a virtue. It just means you eat up whatever companies put out there.

No matter what you do AS a consumer, it will never entitle you to anything more than what you paid for. And short of organizing together and doing something besides whining on the internet, nothing you do will EVER have a direct effect on Nintendo's business decisions.

You and I are but a few voices in the nameless millions that make up the market Nintendo is trying to cater too. Our whims are meaningless, unless they are shared by enough of that same market and promise to make Nintendo's investment in those whims worth while.

A new Zelda game will be developed and produced for the 3DS if and when such a venture proves worthwhile for Nintendo. Apparently, Nintendo wants to focus on other projects right now. You can either deal with it, organize some sort of petition, or leave the market. Just know that if you do the latter, Nintendo won't even know you're gone.
---
Placeholder signature so people don't skip the last line of my posts.
#76REMercsChamp(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 4:35:35 PM
SailorSatourne posted...
Vyers posted...
SailorSatourne posted...

Your point? Being a consumer isn't a virtue. It just means you eat up whatever companies put out there.

No matter what you do AS a consumer, it will never entitle you to anything more than what you paid for. And short of organizing together and doing something besides whining on the internet, nothing you do will EVER have a direct effect on Nintendo's business decisions.

You and I are but a few voices in the nameless millions that make up the market Nintendo is trying to cater too. Our whims are meaningless, unless they are shared by enough of that same market and promise to make Nintendo's investment in those whims worth while.

A new Zelda game will be developed and produced for the 3DS if and when such a venture proves worthwhile for Nintendo. Apparently, Nintendo wants to focus on other projects right now. You can either deal with it, organize some sort of petition, or leave the market. Just know that if you do the latter, Nintendo won't even know you're gone.

Sounds like you have a self-esteem problem. You going to let people and companies trample over you your entire life with a smile on your face?
#77EM_MegaPosted 3/11/2013 5:44:55 PM
REMercsChamp posted...
SailorSatourne posted...
Vyers posted...
SailorSatourne posted...

Sounds like you have a self-esteem problem. You going to let people and companies trample over you your entire life with a smile on your face?

The sheer lack of actual rational thought in this response shows how far trolls on Gamefaqs have fallen.

I miss the old ones, the ones that weren't so blatantly obvious.
---
Main: Nova/Spencer/Hawkeye
Side: Strider/Dante/Doom
#78ImGanondorfLolPosted 3/11/2013 6:02:56 PM
If you people are going to argue about this crap at least keep up with the news. Aonuma has already CONFIRMED on at least one occasion that a new, original 3DS Zelda is currently in development and it will be released before any more remakes, because they want an original title first than have two remakes in a row, which would be ridiculous.