Is it possible to transfer save data between 3DS systems?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is it possible to transfer save data between 3DS systems?
2 years ago#1
I like to play on my XL at home and the regular 3DS when I'm out

So could I just move the save data back and forth between systems? Or will it only work on the system on which it was created?
2 years ago#2
i don't know whether you're talking about digital or cart but data saves to the cart. if you're talking about digital, unless you have the same game on both systems, you need to either transfer it or rebuy it on the other system. digital games are locked to the system they were bought on. and there are no separate save files for games, the saves are tied to the same file for the game itself.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is it possible to transfer save data between 3DS systems?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived