Professor Layton 6 Sees A lackluster Release In Japan

#11Chenmaster2Posted 3/10/2013 7:17:39 PM
They released two layton games in a span of three months.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 2451-4503-4086
Monkey Hug! XP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu9-I3AMu0g
#12EbonMagicianPosted 3/10/2013 9:25:20 PM
This is better then the miracle mask, and the only reason the miracle mask and this are so low is because it's a new system they are selling for, it will increase with time. if anything, this jsut shows how much better it did then last time, meaning its still going up hill.

It's not really fair to compare the DS sales to the 3DS, because, like I said, the DS just has more systems out there.

I bet if you did a comparison between the number of DS that are sold and then umber of 3DS, then compared it to the sales, the 3DS would actually have a higher layton to 3DS ratio then layton to DS ratio
---
3DS FC: Lotaphi 1118-1539-9491 --- Vita PSN: Bernkestel Wii U: Bernkastel
message me if you add me. yes, there is a spelling difference between my psn and wiiu
#13EbonMagicianPosted 3/10/2013 9:32:16 PM
yep, just did the math and this is correct. Layton 6 has technically done better then any other layton to date,

For every 84 people that own a 3DS, 1 bought Layton 6,
For every 95 people that own a DS, 1 bought unwound future, the best selling layton game to date.
---
3DS FC: Lotaphi 1118-1539-9491 --- Vita PSN: Bernkestel Wii U: Bernkastel
message me if you add me. yes, there is a spelling difference between my psn and wiiu
#14CapnStankyPosted 3/10/2013 9:35:16 PM
mjc0961 posted...
Tubula posted...
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=197734

Yeah, i'd definately say it's time for the series to take a breather.

McMarbles posted...
The last one seems to have done worse.

Certainly couldn't have anything to do with the jump to the 3DS, a system that isn't as widespread as the DS was yet.

Nope. Series needing a breather is the only possible reason.

It's release fatigue. You can make up as many fanboy reasons as you want, but people are simply tired of the series. Taking a few years off will only build interest again.
---
2013: Next Gen finally arrives. Don't let us down like Nintendo did.
#15Halladay32Posted 3/10/2013 10:19:47 PM
I don't entirely understand why people claim that it's stale. I'm not saying the series shouldn't be tweaked and changed at all (that ruins chapter in Miracle Mask was glorious), but it's a puzzle/story series, and each new game offers dozens of new puzzles/a new story, so...I don't know, I just don't get it. They could definitely loosen the formula of how the games are structured, but they seem to be doing this more and more with each new game too...\(_o)/
---
"Lesson, lesson...If you see a stranger, follow him."
#16VyersPosted 3/10/2013 10:35:18 PM
Halladay32 posted...
I don't entirely understand why people claim that it's stale. I'm not saying the series shouldn't be tweaked and changed at all (that ruins chapter in Miracle Mask was glorious), but it's a puzzle/story series, and each new game offers dozens of new puzzles/a new story, so...I don't know, I just don't get it. They could definitely loosen the formula of how the games are structured, but they seem to be doing this more and more with each new game too...\(_o)/

Because it's the same method of entering puzzles. The same style of puzzles. The same art style. I want to see cel-shaded Layton, I want to see a point-and-click adventure, I want to see more puzzles that make sense. I don't want a single puzzle to appear unless it is integral to the plot, unless it's something such as Layton sitting down with a chess-playing buddy who has a bunch of chess-based puzzles for you to solve.

You could even create your own puzzles. Write up the rules, draw the images, write/indicate the solution, etc. Making a game like this is what the franchise needs.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, and more~!
#17Halladay32Posted 3/10/2013 11:57:30 PM
Yeah, I get what you're saying. I guess my point is that the main draws of the game, the puzzles and story, are still strong and different enough that I wouldn't call the series stale. While a lot of your issues with the series are valid and I 100% agree with you on them, to me, they seem like ancillary issues overall that each new game in the series has even been gradually addressing and improving upon.

A puzzle maker would be interesting, if done correctly...I'm kind of disappointed Azran Legacies doesn't have one now, lol
---
"Lesson, lesson...If you see a stranger, follow him."