Is the Fire Emblem Awakening demo a good representation of the game?

#1Warmonger222Posted 3/10/2013 12:48:30 PM
May or may not buy, depending on answer.
---
CoD claims to be M for Mature, but it is really M for Manchildren - Emerald_Melios
#2aak57Posted 3/10/2013 12:49:59 PM
Well, it's the very first part of the game so yeah. However, it doesn't have Classic mode (i.e. permadeath).
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg
#3Fr33zPosted 3/10/2013 12:56:57 PM
Its just a small portion. I found I found more enjoyment getting further into the game, the more characters I unlocked the more I strategized to pair certain units together for marriage, then add stat building through class changes etc. But bare bones the demo does pretty much provide what the essence of the game is which is Strategy RPG.
---
NNID: Illuminatis
Current Systems: PSP, PS3, Wii, WiiU, DS, 3DS
#4pikachupwnagePosted 3/10/2013 12:57:18 PM
Yes and no. It doesn't include Permadeath and you miss out on Permadeath supports and whatnot.
---
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png Walhart-Low prices. Everyday. On Everything
#5ZenithianHeroPosted 3/10/2013 12:58:53 PM
It is the beginning of the game and some features get introduced after the demo's cutoff point. I recommend buying it if you like the gameplay as it gets better from there.
#6Warmonger222(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 1:00:26 PM
Thats too bad, I was really disappointed by the demo since everyone is talking about this game like its the next big thing, but I was extremely disappointed by it...
---
CoD claims to be M for Mature, but it is really M for Manchildren - Emerald_Melios
#7EmeralDragon23Posted 3/10/2013 1:02:10 PM
Thats too bad, I was really disappointed by the demo since everyone is talking about this game like its the next big thing, but I was extremely disappointed by it...

Well, the game is not for everyone.
---
El Psy Congroo
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Metroid: Other M, Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice For All, Devil Survivor: Overclocked, Madworld
#8iMURDAuPosted 3/10/2013 1:11:19 PM
No the demo is awful and not representative of the whole game. I was disappointed in the demo and was going to pass on the game before I read more about it.

There are characters and classes that are not represented in the demo, there is no marriage in the demo, there are abilities that can be gained not in the demo, etc. The amount of content is staggering and the demo does a horrible job of even hinting that there are spotpass battles, weapon upgrading, the ability to change classes, or anything else cool about the game that happens post chapter 3.

If you've never played a strategy RPG it may not be for you. But if you like the genre its a great game and the demo doesn't begin to do it justice.
---
Make the worst possible retailer an exclusive for a masterpiece game.. It's like putting Rolex into a Walmart."
-LordClyde on Gamestop selling Xenoblade
#9sondastPosted 3/10/2013 1:12:05 PM
If you like tactical strategy games then you may like it. If you don't like them then you probably won't like the rest of the game.
#10JulesNeciPosted 3/10/2013 1:36:58 PM
iMURDAu posted...
No the demo is awful and not representative of the whole game. I was disappointed in the demo and was going to pass on the game before I read more about it.

There are characters and classes that are not represented in the demo, there is no marriage in the demo, there are abilities that can be gained not in the demo, etc. The amount of content is staggering and the demo does a horrible job of even hinting that there are spotpass battles, weapon upgrading, the ability to change classes, or anything else cool about the game that happens post chapter 3.

If you've never played a strategy RPG it may not be for you. But if you like the genre its a great game and the demo doesn't begin to do it justice.

Let's put the whole game in the FREE demo so nobody has to buy the full game. Woo hoo. I feel bad for your logical thinking. I really do.

And TC, the demo is a really good representation of the game. The full game has permadeath, much more classes and marriage, but overall, the demo gives you pretty much the idea of how the game's going to play.
---
Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Ni No Kuni (PS3), Lego Batman 2 (PS3).
Getting a Wii U next month for Lego City Undercover :)