3DS has three 90+ games, DS has five

#1VyersPosted 3/10/2013 6:41:28 PM
Doing well so far. I have to wonder how the ratings are affected by the competition; I was always convinced that some games for the DS didn't get a fair shake because of the PSP's presence.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, and more~!
#2surferguy7Posted 3/10/2013 6:43:55 PM
Implying that review scores matter in the first place..... but the 3DS sure does have some good games.
---
This is the internet, all opinions are considered invalid.
#3Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 6:47:42 PM
surferguy7 posted...
Implying that review scores matter in the first place..... but the 3DS sure does have some good games.

Implying that they don't. In fact, I discuss the value of review scores and why the DS may have had so few relative to its life compared to the 3DS.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, and more~!
#4IamPeanutButterPosted 3/10/2013 6:47:59 PM
Where are you reading these ratings? IGN, GameFaqs, Metacafe, GameSpot, Nintendo, etc.?

#5CircleOfManiasPosted 3/10/2013 6:48:22 PM
Metacritic is for people that are too lazy/illiterate to read reviews.
---
Sick liaisons raise this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
#6Pork_buttonmashPosted 3/10/2013 6:54:29 PM
Read the reviews about the review sites.You'll find that they are all full of s***!
---
GloryChaos posted...
What you say is true. Unfortunately, people have been generalizing like this for years.
#7RazieruPosted 3/10/2013 6:59:27 PM
Eh, I admit, the 3DS DOES have some good hits and more coming this year. It's....doing better than last time.
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#8DynamicJumpIuffPosted 3/10/2013 7:03:14 PM(edited)
Seems like the 3DS is doing well so far.

Eh, I admit, the 3DS DOES have some good hits and more coming this year. It's....doing better than last time.

Anything you're looking forward to?
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#9RazieruPosted 3/10/2013 7:08:22 PM
DynamicJumpIuff posted...

Anything you're looking forward to?

Eh, whenever a Zelda is announced for this thing, a Bravely Default localization (loved 4 Heroes of Light) and possibly a Golden Sun (again POSSIBLY), I guess I would have to curb my disgusts with it and get one perhaps, especially if the Animal Crossing 3DS XL ever hits NA.

Until then, I'm sitting pretty with my Mario XL and DS gaming. Some more good but highly unlikely games that would make me take this thing with a grain of salt is a REAL Sonic Rush 3 (always disappointed that there was never one given how amazing Rush Adventure IS), a Kirby Mass Attack sequel, a 2D Castlevania (my, my are the fans outraged over Mirror of Fate), and another Okami game.
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#10warlord3Posted 3/10/2013 7:14:02 PM
When the DS came out developers were trying to use the touchscreen to redefine gameplay on a portable system and that concept wasn't very well received, now the bottom screen is used as a support screen (maps, inventories,...) and I personally have grown to rely on this setup.
---
Think of Clevos as being what Mac owners think they have. - Exiled_Overseer