3DS has three 90+ games, DS has five

#11mjc0961Posted 3/10/2013 6:24:55 PM
Vyers posted...
surferguy7 posted...
Implying that review scores matter in the first place..... but the 3DS sure does have some good games.

Implying that they don't. In fact, I discuss the value of review scores and why the DS may have had so few relative to its life compared to the 3DS.

No you don't. You say nothing about the value of scores as a whole and your "discussion" about why DS had so few high scoring games is half a sentence blaming the PSP without even giving a reason why.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#12CHOVI3Posted 3/10/2013 6:25:44 PM
Vyers posted...
surferguy7 posted...
Implying that review scores matter in the first place..... but the 3DS sure does have some good games.

Implying that they don't. In fact, I discuss the value of review scores and why the DS may have had so few relative to its life compared to the 3DS.

They don't so much. For example, Hotel Dusk. Probably the best DS game. Didn't get 90+. Why?
---
Please feed the trolls, they make this boards more lively.
3DS FC: 3566-1571-6130 Now playing Persona 3 Portable
#13Starwars4JPosted 3/10/2013 6:31:39 PM
How could anyone think the PSP adversely affected the DS' ratings? The PSP was lambasted by critics and gamers alike.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#14Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 6:54:51 PM
CHOVI3 posted...
Vyers posted...
surferguy7 posted...

They don't so much. For example, Hotel Dusk. Probably the best DS game. Didn't get 90+. Why?

Because Hotel Dusk, while one of the best DS games to a niche audience, did not appeal to a wider audience. Hotel Dusk was a difficult game for a lot of people, and the touch controls could have been better. It's not a very self-explanatory game.

Starwars4J posted...
How could anyone think the PSP adversely affected the DS' ratings? The PSP was lambasted by critics and gamers alike.

Because it created increased competition and greater "industry attention". Who knows if reviewers began giving less glowing reviews due to increased integrity (less 10/10s or 9.9/10s going around and such) or if the former was the result.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, and more~!
#15GigantLuffyPosted 3/10/2013 6:56:05 PM
CHOVI3 posted...
Vyers posted...
surferguy7 posted...

A better example would be the new DmC. That game has had high scores from major review sites yet it was massively outsold by MetalGearRising. The effect of game reviews has lessened and for good reason.
---
http://www.p4rgaming.com/?p=928 - Eat a sack of **** IGN | UnOfficial Getter Robo of anything ever
#16Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 8:04:40 PM(edited)
GigantLuffy posted...
CHOVI3 posted...
Vyers posted...
surferguy7 posted...

A better example would be the new DmC. That game has had high scores from major review sites yet it was massively outsold by MetalGearRising. The effect of game reviews has lessened and for good reason.

Game reviews are still a valuable resource for people to use to gauge the quality of games.

Not only that, but Metal Gear in stealth form is a much more popular franchise than DMC; MGR takes that brand, that story, and a very popular genre.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, and more~!