Would you rather have a new top-down Zelda game or a new traditional 3D Zelda?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Would you rather have a new top-down Zelda game or a new traditional 3D Zelda?
3 years ago#1
This is assuming Nintendo goes back to more traditional controls. The DS games were fun enough but I feel like the focus on touch controls took away from the potential of the game--and a completely unnecessary modification. Just because something can work with touch controls doesn't mean it should.
3 years ago#2
These are two options that I want about equally; I'm giving Nintendo the option:

1. Top-down Zelda a la Minish Cap AND Majora's Mask remake

2. Quality 3D Zelda title on par with the greats (N64 & GC games)

Of course, all three would be the ideal.
3 years ago#3
I want a 3d rhythm/ dating sim Zelda game. I want to dance to Saria's song in flamboyant and rhythmic fashion while trying to swoon Zelda.
GloryChaos posted...
What you say is true. Unfortunately, people have been generalizing like this for years.
3 years ago#4
Pork_buttonmash posted...
I want a 3d rhythm/ dating sim Zelda game. I want to dance to Saria's song in flamboyant and rhythmic fashion while trying to swoon Malon.

Fixed. You know it to be true, Pork.

Anyway, overhead.

ALttP-styled overworld.

Beautiful hand-drawn 2D graphics.

Flight later in the game.

Have multiple worlds beyond Hylia, accessed through flight. Nonlinear gameplay that allows you to play the harder dungeons earlier than normal.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, and more~!
3 years ago#5
Pork_buttonmash posted...
I want a 3d rhythm/ dating sim Zelda game. I want to dance to Saria's song in flamboyant and rhythmic fashion while trying to swoon Zelda.

This silliness aside... I honestly would be okay with some sort of inversion/spinoff where Link is lost/fails/whatever and Zelda has to take up the mantle of chosen hero.
3 years ago#6
^So, basically, a Super Princess Peach game. But with Zelda. Now who's being silly.
GloryChaos posted...
What you say is true. Unfortunately, people have been generalizing like this for years.
3 years ago#7
Both

1 world is 3D like Ocarina and 1 world is 2D like AlttP.

You use an instrument to change between the dimensions
3 years ago#8
NeonYoshi11 posted...
Both

1 world is 3D like Ocarina and 1 world is 2D like AlttP.

You use an instrument to change between the dimensions

That actually sounds like something Nintendo would do.
3 years ago#9
traditional zelda if you mean like oot,mm,or tp
if not like them then top down.
something more like ladx gameplay wise,but with sexy hand drawn sprites.
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Welcome to my barbecue-kefka ffvi
3 years ago#10
I would like a top down game. I wouldn't mind 3D graphics
I AM DAVE EXCLAMATION MARK YOGNAUGHT
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Would you rather have a new top-down Zelda game or a new traditional 3D Zelda?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived