Finally got my 3DS XL and Fire Emblem...

#1RPGNinja123Posted 3/11/2013 3:31:30 PM
What a joy it is to play on this handheld.. As I get older I find myself using consoles less and less and just relaxing in my room with handhelds. I don't know what is happening to me lol. Once I figure out this friend code thing I wouldn't mind adding some of you.
---
Official RPGNinja123 of GameFAQs boards.
#2vu_cometPosted 3/11/2013 3:37:27 PM
I find myself in the same spot. I'm actually wondering why I purchased PS3, Wii U, and 360. Since I rarely even play them. I'm usually working or away from the house.
---
With your bad back, I don't think you should be picking up any girls.
Van Morrison is still a really cool cat. O.K.?
#3warlord78Posted 3/11/2013 3:38:00 PM
I think part of the problem is less time. I work 10-12 hours a day with a bunch of short breaks throughout the day, the 3DS and the internet keep me from staring at the wall.
---
Think of Clevos as being what Mac owners think they have. - Exiled_Overseer
#4RPGNinja123(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 3:43:51 PM
warlord3 posted...
I think part of the problem is less time. I work 10-12 hours a day with a bunch of short breaks throughout the day, the 3DS and the internet keep me from staring at the wall.

I can't use that excuse atm as I am currently unemployed but I would probably play the console more if it was in the same room I sleep in, it is a more comfortable setup, the chairs I have for the consoles are so uncomfortable
---
Official RPGNinja123 of GameFAQs boards.
#5NeonYoshi11Posted 3/11/2013 5:28:59 PM
For me it's the games, but yes since June 2012 I bought a 3DS & PSP and about 15 DS games 4 3DS games, 15 PSP games.

Can't quite explain it but I've always loved handheld gaming.

I love single player experiences and there is something very personal about a handheld game. It's almost like it's "yours" you know or your own personal experience.

I play it 99% at home too, as I like the 3DS so much I wouldn't risk bringing it anywhere and having something bad happen to it.

To me handhelds aren't for portable gaming, but for alternative gaming. A different style of gaming and All New completely different options of games to play and ways to play.

It's more classic and to the point, and easy to pick up and play for an hour here and there no matter what type of game you play.

Even handheld RPG's and adventures are like that for the most part.
#6vu_cometPosted 3/11/2013 5:54:36 PM
NeonYoshi11 posted...
For me it's the games, but yes since June 2012 I bought a 3DS & PSP and about 15 DS games 4 3DS games, 15 PSP games.

Can't quite explain it but I've always loved handheld gaming.

I love single player experiences and there is something very personal about a handheld game. It's almost like it's "yours" you know or your own personal experience.

I play it 99% at home too, as I like the 3DS so much I wouldn't risk bringing it anywhere and having something bad happen to it.

To me handhelds aren't for portable gaming, but for alternative gaming. A different style of gaming and All New completely different options of games to play and ways to play.

It's more classic and to the point, and easy to pick up and play for an hour here and there no matter what type of game you play.

Even handheld RPG's and adventures are like that for the most part.

I usually play the 3DS indoors, as it is not very easy to see the screen outside.

I do dislike playing it in public, not because I feel ashamed for playing video games, but I prefer to not have others want to watch or see what I'm playing. Or worse yet want to play it. So I can see why you mostly play it in the comfort of your home.
---
With your bad back, I don't think you should be picking up any girls.
Van Morrison is still a really cool cat. O.K.?
#7PuddingchanPosted 3/11/2013 7:54:31 PM
I find it awkward to play in public but I still do at times.

I agree part of the problem is less time and also an increased need to move around beyond your homeground.

I have loved portable devices since I was really young (mobile phones, tablets, gaming consoles), because I am in love with having them when I most needed it but cannot afford to travel with the bigger and more powerful versions. Also, they keep you in control during the uncomfortable waiting times you otherwise have to endure if you are forced to wait...

I also agree about it being personal. The portability of the console means that I can bring it anywhere even if I am not playing it, and I love the fact that I can accumulate playcoins by walking. I can't lug around my computer or consoles around in comparison.

It doesn't have to be only personal too. I can perfectly accomodate one more person to play with and still have my laughs with them, especially with the 3DS XL large screens. Best part of it is that you can do this anywhere and not just at home.
#8danny5329Posted 3/11/2013 8:55:29 PM
RPGNinja123 posted...
What a joy it is to play on this handheld.. As I get older I find myself using consoles less and less and just relaxing in my room with handhelds. I don't know what is happening to me lol. Once I figure out this friend code thing I wouldn't mind adding some of you.

Nothing happen to you , it's just that when we get older we tend to get lazy sitting in front of big TVs playing console games.

We just want to chill out, lie down of our comfy sofa or bed and enjoy portable gaming where boot up is fast and you can practically sleep the handheld to do something else and get back to it later.

And congrats on your XL and FE : Awakening. Game is great .