If I don't play my 3DS for about a half an hour, then decide to open it.

#1RJP_XPosted 3/11/2013 8:22:44 PM
Sort of like half way opening it, the hinge(I think) makes a clicking sound. Only when I rest the 3DS for a half an hour or more. Is that clicking a bad sign or probably nothing to be concerned with. I'm very OCD and have had bad luck with electronics lately. I've only had my 3DS since Christmas. Pretty sure warranty is up with CN. Think there is a hinge problem, or just from how its built loose that makes that clicking sound?
---
"That's pimpish, pass the Mack 10 to my apprentice
While I get a pen and pad to print this" -Roc Marciano
#2d0wnerPosted 3/11/2013 8:34:26 PM
It's normal for both systems to make a sound when they click into place. And I think the system warranty is one year, longer if you register on Club Nintendo.
---
shoot the core.
#3RJP_X(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 8:43:50 PM
Well, while I'm opening it it makes that clicking sound. So my g-ma didn't pay extra for warranty at the store. It still has it for a whole year and 3 months!? Oh goodie, thought you had to pay extra at the store for warranty. I'm afraid they'll give me a new 3DS because I already have an eshop game on my stick. And the stick is exclusive to 3DS systems right? That clicking/cracking sound when opening the 3DS shouldn't be a big deal? Its about the half way point when opening the 3DS I'd say I hear this one.
---
#4n00bsaib0tPosted 3/11/2013 8:51:47 PM
I don't hear the click until it's full open. And the warranty is through Nintendo. You'll send your system in for repair if you determine you have a problem and they will either fix it and send back the same one or send you a new one with your eshop purchases transferred to it so you don't lose the games. Most people have good customer support experiences, but your experiance might differ like mine did.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#5RJP_X(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 5:49:52 AM
Do you even feel I need to in this case? That random click before the natural click? Its almost like something is being skipped over inside the hinge. Or is it just the design and not a big deal?
---