Whats the big deal with Animal Crossing?

#1MishimaBloodPosted 3/12/2013 2:09:17 AM
I didnt know anything about this game until I saw people talking about it saying its a system seller. I decided to take a look at it and I was all like WTF. What do people see in this game? Going fishing, getting pets... I cant see anyone above 10 years old playing this game. This and many other games for the 3ds that are considered system sellers. Im not trying to be ironic or offensive, Im sure there are people who like these games but calling them system sellers?
---
Not removing this until I see DMC5 announced
PSN:SSmokinSickStyle
#2pbandjamesPosted 3/12/2013 2:11:58 AM
It's something that a lot of people find relaxing. I don't claim to understand the appeal perfectly, but it's a very at-your-own-pace kind of game. It also layers appealing sim elements very effectively.
---
Game news is the best news.
#3PuddingchanPosted 3/12/2013 2:20:34 AM
MishimaBlood posted...
I didnt know anything about this game until I saw people talking about it saying its a system seller. I decided to take a look at it and I was all like WTF. What do people see in this game? Going fishing, getting pets... I cant see anyone above 10 years old playing this game. This and many other games for the 3ds that are considered system sellers. Im not trying to be ironic or offensive, Im sure there are people who like these games but calling them system sellers?

It is a system seller, mostly towards the females, according to statistics Nintendo collected.
#4MishimaBlood(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 2:23:37 AM
Puddingchan posted...
MishimaBlood posted...

It is a system seller, mostly towards the females, according to statistics Nintendo collected.

Oh, that explains it too
---
Not removing this until I see DMC5 announced
PSN:SSmokinSickStyle
#5Aarosmashguy27Posted 3/12/2013 2:26:17 AM
I thought it was like closer to 50/50. Though I don't really care either way.

I can't really explain the appeal so you'll just have to try it out.
#6PuddingchanPosted 3/12/2013 2:28:48 AM
MishimaBlood posted...
Puddingchan posted...
MishimaBlood posted...

Oh, that explains it too

I'd say that Animal crossing is kind of like a casual game where you collect stuff and customise your world.

It does appeal to some people for this reason. The art-style can be a hit or miss here.

It's pretty fun but I found it slightly boring after constantly collecting stuff.
#7ferofaxPosted 3/12/2013 2:29:03 AM
Stereotypical thinking. If you can't imagine adults playing "kiddie games", then obviously you have a very limited imagination, because there are MILLIONS of adults playing kiddie games on Nintendo platforms.

Also, it's a system seller based solely on the fact that it actually moved a TON of system sales. If that didn't make sense, it's best you don't think about it then. Speculation won't change that fact. And yes, it is fact.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#8Deimos259Posted 3/12/2013 2:33:43 AM
It's a game about nothing
---
http://i.imgur.com/0llA3YV.jpg
#9Hejiru206Posted 3/12/2013 2:49:18 AM
People like it for the same reason they like The Sims. It's addicting as hell.
---
"Who knows what Mario will look like in the future? Maybe he'll wear metallic clothes!" -Shigeru Miyamoto, five years before Super Mario 64
#10Tzuba12Posted 3/12/2013 3:00:36 AM
Its a game that gives you everything by giving you nothing. How old are you, btw? If you hadn't heard of Animal Crossing until now, you must be young. This game appeals to every age group, not just kids.

I'm 19, and Animal Crossing is one of my favorite series of all time. Its a relaxing game, and you can really lose yourself in it and put hundreds of hours into it. Its a game where you really can't understand until you play it.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba