Do games lose their Club Nintendo coin rewards over time?

#1RocketomyPosted 3/12/2013 7:38:23 PM
Say I've got a new sealed copy of Dream Drop Distance or Revelations, if I want to keep it sealed for a while until I get around to playing it, do I run the chance of then having the game's coin worth decline? As in, as time passes Nintendo offers less coins for the title until eventually there's no coin reward at all?

Should I just open it and register it now?
#2DucePosted 3/12/2013 7:44:09 PM
They do have expiration date but its years my copy of Revelations had an expired date of like 2016.
#3warlord3Posted 3/12/2013 7:45:52 PM
The value doesn't decrease over time, but after a few years it will just not except the number. Had that happen with my Wii and a few games I purchased with it because I wasn't interested in Club Nintendo at the time.
---
Think of Clevos as being what Mac owners think they have. - Exiled_Overseer
#4Rocketomy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 7:49:28 PM
Duce posted...
They do have expiration date but its years my copy of Revelations had an expired date of like 2016.

Any way to know these dates?
#5DucePosted 3/12/2013 7:59:00 PM
Rocketomy posted...
Duce posted...

The expired date is on the club nintendo insert. Don't think its written anywhere on the case you would have to open it and check but coin values don't degrade.
#6Buttery_ToastPosted 3/14/2013 9:45:38 PM
Most games I've gotten in the last year say 2016.
---
My body is always Reggie.
http://backloggery.com/dethbryte
#7Starwars4JPosted 3/14/2013 9:49:53 PM
Rocketomy posted...
Duce posted...

Club Nintendo --> Accounts and coins --> To-do History
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade