Nintendo loses lawsuit.

#11AceMosPosted 3/13/2013 3:25:32 PM
so the guy wasnt even at the hearing

um im no expert but dont the constituion say the acuser has to be present?

also sharp presented the 3d tech to nintendo in 2002 a hole year before this guy aproched them

this is fishey
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#12iMURDAuPosted 3/13/2013 3:28:10 PM
The accuser doesn't have to be present in a civil case iirc. Lawyers.
---
Make the worst possible retailer an exclusive for a masterpiece game.. It's like putting Rolex into a Walmart."
-LordClyde on Gamestop selling Xenoblade
#13ObtuseAnginaPosted 3/13/2013 3:28:14 PM
AceMos posted...
so the guy wasnt even at the hearing

um im no expert but dont the constituion say the acuser has to be present?

also sharp presented the 3d tech to nintendo in 2002 a hole year before this guy aproched them

this is fishey

I believe they only have to be present in a criminal case, this lawsuit was not criminal but civil
---
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_http://i.imgur.com/3f4yT.jpg But if you're gonna cheat,
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,...you might as well be a fairy while you're at it.
#14SSJ2__GohanPosted 3/13/2013 3:31:04 PM(edited)
Oooh boy, a can of worms has been opened. Nintendo has talked to multiple possible contractors for 3D. Will they all now also sue Nintendo for "They talked to us! Therefore, they clearly stole our 3D system! There is nothing illogical about this line of thought!"?

Crap, some years ago I talked to multiple contractors to find the best one to paint my house. Now all those others are going to sue me!
#15LHS_2012Posted 3/13/2013 3:30:26 PM
iMURDAu posted...
I thought the tech was licensed from Sharp. How did the jury decide this by flipping a coin?

Sounds like the same jury that said Apple can patent rectangles.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_N_WTiMga4
#16pikachupwnagePosted 3/13/2013 3:33:51 PM
LHS_2012 posted...
iMURDAu posted...
I thought the tech was licensed from Sharp. How did the jury decide this by flipping a coin?

Sounds like the same jury that said Apple can patent rectangles.

Yup.

I am a bit fuzzy on that case but that one seemed rather ****ed up as well.
---
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png Walhart-Low prices. Everyday. On Everything
#17pbandjamesPosted 3/13/2013 3:41:36 PM(edited)
So they talked to a man about their idea, and were interested in using his technology, but ended up not making a deal and using someone else's instead. And now, because they talked to him, he sued them and won.

The legal system is so stupid sometimes; I can't even handle it.
---
Game news is the best news.
#18Genericgamer667Posted 3/13/2013 3:53:34 PM(edited)
dunno how the hell they could lose this. was the jury a sony fanboy or something?

it was from Sharp wasnt it?
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#19AceMosPosted 3/13/2013 3:51:15 PM
pbandjames posted...
So they talked to a man about their idea, and were interested in using his technology, but ended up not making a deal and using someone else's instead. And now, because they talked to him, he sued them and won.

The legal system is so stupid sometimes; I can't even handle it.

its not just htat he tlaked to them AFTER sharp did
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#20TakayaNorikoPosted 3/13/2013 3:52:01 PM
SSJ2__Gohan posted...
Crap, some years ago I talked to multiple contractors to find the best one to paint my house. Now all those others are going to sue me!

Should've went with red walls. Now your bank account's gonna be the one that's red.
---
I ate a bear once, you know.