Nintendo loses lawsuit.

#171Genericgamer667Posted 3/13/2013 9:28:41 PM
Devil_wings00 posted...
confettistorm posted...
Looks like jury got paid off.

Guy waited 2 years before springing the trap for maximum effect.
If he really did invent it, why didn't he do so when the 3DS launched?

Scumbag...

Actually he did sue a couple years ago ;p This is second attempt if I'm not mistaken. So ya he didn't wait for anything. The guy has been adamant about this for years and he won so perhaps there was something to what he was saying.

more likely he found an activist jurry if its the second time
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#172Devil_wings00Posted 3/13/2013 9:31:40 PM
Baha05 posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
So if they lose the appeal then what?. and say he files an injuction against Nintendo to stop using "his" patent period?. what would this mean for the 3DS along with past and future games?.

I can't believe some people here are actually happy with this ruling. if you're a fan of the 3DS, even if you're not a fan of the 3D itself why would you even remotely be happy about this?. blows my mind..

I highly doubt the guy will go that far. If anything if he does it'll make him look like a bigger scumbag.

Or he could just license the patent out and take a portion for every 3DS sold from this point on. No real sense in completely destroying a product just because when you could get a little more. It's what I would do.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#173Baha05Posted 3/13/2013 9:35:04 PM
Devil_wings00 posted...
Or he could just license the patent out and take a portion for every 3DS sold from this point on. No real sense in completely destroying a product just because when you could get a little more. It's what I would do.

That too but again it would kinda make him look like a scum bag either way. Hence why patent trolling. Which again is the issues with patents that aren't ever used by the owner.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#174RazieruPosted 3/13/2013 9:46:46 PM(edited)
confettistorm posted...
Looks like jury got paid off. Guy waited 2 years before springing the trap for maximum effect.
If he really did invent it, why didn't he do so when the 3DS launched?

Scumbag...

Genericgamer667 posted...
more likely he found an activist jurry if its the second time

Baha05 posted...
That too but again it would kinda make him look like a scum bag either way. Hence why patent trolling. Which again is the issues with patents that aren't ever used by the owner.

Ah, haters still hating. It matters not that you guys make an endless waterfall of excuses or throw your toys at the guy for stepping to Nintendo.

Nintendo LOST. Get over it. There is obviously a blemish on your precious Nintendo that was revealed, yet you're still willfully ignorant to its presence. So marionette on that and realize the guy is a genius and a martyr.

It's all about smart, not hard. So, I'll be the first to say kudos to him, and more power to people like him who deal with Nintendo and get an itch from them.
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#175Devil_wings00Posted 3/13/2013 9:41:00 PM
Baha05 posted...
Devil_wings00 posted...
I like how people are just blindly on Nintendo's side here lol I mean you don't just walk into court and go "I made this give me money" and then they do. The guy obviously proved his case well enough to convince the jurors/judge he wasn't just a lying patent troll. That said he got 30 million and now it's done, it's not like it's going to have some long term damage beyond that. If Nintendo couldn't prove they didn't steal the idea well enough then maybe there is something to the whole thing. I would think if they DIDN'T borrow the idea it would be easy enough to prove beyond doubt but obviously that wasn't the case. Considering I remember the lawsuit being for 300 million originally it could have been a whole lot more harmful.

Also to the people saying they will sell there 3DS...you are morons lol nothing is going to happen.

The thing is though is obviously the guy is Patent Trolling as again, Sharp is the company that manufactures the screen for the 3DS. So why not go to them? Besides with how patents tend to be the guy was obviously not making anything using the technology and seems to be trying to make a quick buck by sitting on the patent.

Well I agree that the patent system is messed up but if it was HIS idea, then it's HIS idea, and if he doesn't want people to use it and he has a patent then that's how it works. Also we weren't in the court room and we didn't see the evidence presented by his side. It was obviously enough to convince the jury that he had merit in his case. There has to be more to it then "sharp made the screens so this guys a lying bastard" because I'm sure if a bunch of people on a forum can come up with that defense then I'm sure Nintendo's high payed lawyers tried it. It obviously didn't work out and the the other lawyer managed to disprove it enough. I'm sure there is far more to this whole thing in reality then people are making it out to be. I'm sure it's not so cut and dry because it would have been over in 5 seconds otherwise.

Again I agree patents, and they way they are used now, are BS but it is what it is.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#176Baha05Posted 3/13/2013 9:45:40 PM
Devil_wings00 posted...
Well I agree that the patent system is messed up but if it was HIS idea, then it's HIS idea, and if he doesn't want people to use it and he has a patent then that's how it works. Also we weren't in the court room and we didn't see the evidence presented by his side. It was obviously enough to convince the jury that he had merit in his case. There has to be more to it then "sharp made the screens so this guys a lying bastard" because I'm sure if a bunch of people on a forum can come up with that defense then I'm sure Nintendo's high payed lawyers tried it. It obviously didn't work out and the the other lawyer managed to disprove it enough. I'm sure there is far more to this whole thing in reality then people are making it out to be. I'm sure it's not so cut and dry because it would have been over in 5 seconds otherwise.

Again I agree patents, and they way they are used now, are BS but it is what it is.

True enough though remember jurors do tend to make mistakes. But the point being is it comes off as simply patent trolling, more so if other companies use similar technology. In the long run it's still bs though it can't really get worse then shelling 30 million unless the guy really tries to stick it to Nintendo and then he'll come of as a scumbag.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#177RazieruPosted 3/13/2013 9:52:00 PM
Baha05 posted...
True enough though remember jurors do tend to make mistakes.

Smelling Mr. Saucy's narcissism yet, Devil?

But the point being is it comes off as simply patent trolling, more so if other companies use similar technology.

That's the key phrase there, kiddo. And that's how it comes off to you. Fortunately, to the parties that matter, it came off differently than the way YOU see it.

In the long run it's still bs though it can't really get worse then shelling 30 million unless the guy really tries to stick it to Nintendo and then he'll come of as a scumbag.

Now he's running in circles and padding another topic again by flinging the same moot points of his he tries to stuff down people's throats.
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#178Baha05Posted 3/13/2013 9:53:11 PM
Raz sounds mad
---
#179PrinceOfHotPosted 3/13/2013 9:55:08 PM
Apparently he is very angry and is demanding that all customers return their 3DSes to him. Wouldn't it be rude to not send him our 3DS since Nintendo was stealing all of his technologies?
#180RazieruPosted 3/13/2013 9:56:18 PM
Baha05 posted...
Raz sounds mad

....and he rebuttals with absolutely nothing when the buzzer sounds off to reveal his farces. Bzzzzz!

Interesting that you stole Sephy's claim as well.
---