Nintendo loses lawsuit.

#211ObtuseAnginaPosted 3/14/2013 5:17:52 AM
What do you mean this time? If the appeal was ruled in Nintendo's favor, Nintendo did nothing wrong to begin with.

Also another Video game copyright troll case is Bethesda (maker of the elder scroll games) suing the maker of Minecraft because their new game was titled "Scrolls"

I don't think anyone agrees with that lawsuit
---
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_http://i.imgur.com/3f4yT.jpg But if you're gonna cheat,
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,...you might as well be a fairy while you're at it.
#212Baha05Posted 3/14/2013 5:23:03 AM
x23sephiroth23x posted...
Also another Video game copyright troll case is Bethesda (maker of the elder scroll games) suing the maker of Minecraft because their new game was titled "Scrolls"

That was a pretty damn baffling lawsuit, it goes to show how bad copyright/patent lawsuits can get.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#213SamholyPosted 3/14/2013 5:33:24 AM
that will teach them.

the worst in there is that the 3D effect just isnt that nice . i barely use it now and then. mostly to remind me its there hahaha

that whole 3d wave of products is a waste of time and money. 3d tvs ? yeah right.

of course,sometimes the effect is really nice looking. but its so limited by the angle you watch it and dont dare moving the 3ds around, it will screw the effect. like in the bus, useless.

they should haveforget about 3d effect and make it more powerful. nintendo really doesnt like puting power in their machines. and when they do, its way late to the party (WiiU)

nintendo, do like your old concurent. retire and make games, not consoles.
cause lets be honest. what do most people like about nintendo ? mario,zelda,metroid,animal crossing,pokemon... the GAMES.
they make incredible games, they should focus on this and stop wasting their time on oudated/gimmicky consoles
---
Currently playing: Medal of honor Warfighter PS3, Tales of the abyss DS, Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires PS3
#214Baha05Posted 3/14/2013 5:37:17 AM
Samholy posted...
that will teach them.

the worst in there is that the 3D effect just isnt that nice . i barely use it now and then. mostly to remind me its there hahaha

that whole 3d wave of products is a waste of time and money. 3d tvs ? yeah right.

of course,sometimes the effect is really nice looking. but its so limited by the angle you watch it and dont dare moving the 3ds around, it will screw the effect. like in the bus, useless.

they should haveforget about 3d effect and make it more powerful. nintendo really doesnt like puting power in their machines. and when they do, its way late to the party (WiiU)

cause lets be honest. what do most people like about nintendo ? mario,zelda,metroid,animal crossing,pokemon... the GAMES.
they make incredible games, they should focus on this and stop wasting their time on oudated/gimmicky consoles

Implying the 3D is the only feature of the 3DS. While pointless, 3D visuals in this case are more for aesthetics then gameplay (Though in theory they could find a way to use 3 in the gameplay but that r really has yet to happen)

Also for gaming consoles you have to realize that ALL consoles have had or are gimmicky and outdated after a year. And in Nintendo's case a lot of the gimmicks and features of their systems help out their first party titles.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#215McMarblesPosted 3/14/2013 5:38:04 AM
^Because that's worked out really well for Sega.
---
Currently playing: Tales of the Abyss (3DS version), Pushmo
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#216so64Posted 3/14/2013 5:41:51 AM
Samholy posted...
that will teach them.

Except, as in the case with Sega of past and Nintendo currently, the reason their games are good is that they control the hardware and know the hardware well. Thus, they can determine the best programming choices to obtain the best results for their software running on their hardware. Furthermore, as we can see with Sega, third party status can be somewhat damaging to a company that was not originally a third party developer. Sega, in my humble opinion, has still not recovered from dropping support of the Dreamcast. Now some may disagree with this, but truth be told Sega was better when they were first party than when they were third and their only truly fatal flaw is that they were not business savvy, making bad decisions that led to financial ruin.
---
I am insane. Somethings I say may not make sense. Please take heed. www.brokencontrollers.com We Have come over the way that with tears... 3DS FC:5327-0905-8783
#217RazieruPosted 3/14/2013 5:53:50 AM
x23sephiroth23x posted...
What do you mean this time? If the appeal was ruled in Nintendo's favor, Nintendo did nothing wrong to begin with.

Sued the other guy for having the same term in their games? Yup, I'll agree with you on that one. But, don't be surprised that people have stooped so stupidly low to sue. They clearly didn't think THAT "case" through.

I'm guessing Sega will sue Spike for having Shinobi in their Shinobido game....
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#218Wynters387Posted 3/14/2013 6:02:58 AM
pikachupwnage posted...
Pauken posted...
Regardless of the facts, this shows how @$@$ing out of date the US Patent system is. When someone can sue a company for an idea he thought of WITH POTENTIALLY NO ACTUAL TECHNICAL DATA, you know something's @$@$ing wrong with the law.

Is it any wonder the US is well on its way to becoming a third world nation? I mean, you know your country sucks when stuff like this is common occurrence, your health care system is entirely privatized and designed to kill people by Heart Attack From Seeing The Bill (tm), corperations have more power than the @%$@ing government, and more than half the country insists that changing things to match the world's leaders in quality of life is "ZOMG COMMUNISM BLARHARAGH". I'm absolutely astonished that the US hasn't collapsed like Rome yet, but I'm pretty sure that'll happen soon enough if Republicans continue arguing to bankrupt the entire world just to stroke their @$#$ing capitalist egos :/

EDIT: Ought to note that Obama is neither the cause nor the problem to this. I blame the Republican scum who prevent any progress from being made in the name of the Holy Right (tm).

What a nut.

Wow I'm surprised you didn't retaliated harder against that. Hmm you must be growing up. *tear wells in eyes* My little rodent is growing up.
---
Remember Senor, crafter of love.
President of the NDF Official Archeops of the Pokemon X Board
#219Chopped_LiverPosted 3/14/2013 6:05:35 AM
Wynters387 posted...
pikachupwnage posted...
Pauken posted...
Regardless of the facts, this shows how @$@$ing out of date the US Patent system is. When someone can sue a company for an idea he thought of WITH POTENTIALLY NO ACTUAL TECHNICAL DATA, you know something's @$@$ing wrong with the law.

Is it any wonder the US is well on its way to becoming a third world nation? I mean, you know your country sucks when stuff like this is common occurrence, your health care system is entirely privatized and designed to kill people by Heart Attack From Seeing The Bill (tm), corperations have more power than the @%$@ing government, and more than half the country insists that changing things to match the world's leaders in quality of life is "ZOMG COMMUNISM BLARHARAGH". I'm absolutely astonished that the US hasn't collapsed like Rome yet, but I'm pretty sure that'll happen soon enough if Republicans continue arguing to bankrupt the entire world just to stroke their @$#$ing capitalist egos :/

EDIT: Ought to note that Obama is neither the cause nor the problem to this. I blame the Republican scum who prevent any progress from being made in the name of the Holy Right (tm).

What a nut.

Wow I'm surprised you didn't retaliated harder against that. Hmm you must be growing up. *tear wells in eyes* My little rodent is growing up.

So he is going to evolve into Raichupwnage?
---
I was so64...Now I am simply nothing but Chopped_Liver.
#220RazieruPosted 3/14/2013 6:06:15 AM
Wynters387 posted...
Wow I'm surprised you didn't retaliated harder against that. Hmm you must be growing up. *tear wells in eyes*

Nah, Pikablu just doesn't want to itch the mods with his usual petty and infantile names he calls people for not singing a hymn of praise about Nintendo.
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.