Nintendo loses lawsuit.

#51crunchb3rryPosted 3/13/2013 4:52:41 PM
Kinda hate the patent system. It's like you can patent stuff you never plan on making just to get rich when someone else actually does it. And the vague nature of patent infringement claims picks and choose what is either theft or coincidence. It's like arguing over two songs sounding similar when there's only so many natural chord progressions to pick from.
#5290sRetroGamingPosted 3/13/2013 4:54:28 PM
Newave posted...
It's printing OTHER PEOPLE'S money!

I'm pretty upset by this whole thing but...

Even i have to laugh at this one, lol
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#53Tarutaru0Posted 3/13/2013 4:57:19 PM
Every company gets sued, Apple gets sued and loses a lot. Microsoft as well.

If you are a big corporation you will be hit with law suits every now and again, win some lose some.
#54SagadegoPosted 3/13/2013 4:57:20 PM
Vita-Fan posted...
MogMoogle1 posted...
Seems like Nintendo is getting sued for every new console they spit out and lose them. The world has it out for Nintendo, while Sony is making Nintendo rip offs a few years later that no one really cares...

*cough*theMoveandPlaystationAllStars*cough*

and PS All Stars was conceived in early 1998.

lol nope try again sonyfanboy.
---
Netflix has a rental service, but it isn't a rental service. - Demondog666
#55RazieruPosted 3/13/2013 4:57:24 PM
Of course they lost. That's what happens when you break the law - you LOSE.

But, my my, the immense amount of Nintendo fan-butt hurt is visceral. You guys are really fractured aren't you? What gives? Face it - they lost. Their unoriginal arses stole from Sharp and now they are paying the price.

Kill the excuses and whining. Lower the swords. It's not a conspiracy. None of you have ANY proof whatsoever to present to the judge that proves otherwise. Hell froze over evidently, and Nintendo is not as infallible as you all would like to think. Life goes on.
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#568BombermanPosted 3/13/2013 4:58:12 PM
Good thing the amount Nintendo has to pay is just pocket change for them
#57pokemonfreak97Posted 3/13/2013 4:58:28 PM
SUGARASHAD posted...
good nintedo deservers everything it gets.. 3D is such a stupid gimmick and i never use it.. i laf at Nintendo

So, in other words, because you don't like an idea they went with, you believe they deserve to lose a bunch of money? I don't particularly enjoy the 3D either, but I both think the lawsuit was a usual stupid patent lawsuit and know how to spell.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#58RazieruPosted 3/13/2013 5:00:38 PM
Sagadego posted...
lol nope try again sonyfanboy.

And Sega senselessly rips into another user. It's no surprise he already has his 3D guns drawn, yet doesn't see the pathetic glimmer of his Nintendo fanboyism.
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#59Baha05Posted 3/13/2013 5:00:47 PM
Razieru posted...
Of course they lost. That's what happens when you break the law - you LOSE.

But, my my, the immense amount of Nintendo fan-butt hurt is visceral. You guys are really fractured aren't you? What gives? Face it - they lost. Their unoriginal arses stole from Sharp and now they are paying the price.

Kill the excuses and whining. Lower the swords. It's not a conspiracy. None of you have ANY proof whatsoever to present to the judge that proves otherwise. Hell froze over evidently, and Nintendo is not as infallible as you all would like to think. Life goes on.

And this is why no one likes you.

Fact is that patents are really REALLY a screwed up subject. Sometimes people never USE their patents to do anything except wait for a chance to sue someone over a similar idea.

Also the fact that a jury was used to determine the verdict doesn't help as so cases like this could go either way. Also Sharp isn't the ones suing Nintendo, Sharp MANUFACTURES the screens for the 3DS. If anyone should be getting sued it should be Sharp or every company that uses similar 3D technology.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#60Mariofan15Posted 3/13/2013 5:02:39 PM
good nintedo deservers everything it gets.. 3D is such a stupid gimmick and i never use it.. i laf at Nintendo

Here's a twit.

pikachupwnage posted...
SUGARASHAD posted...

So your saying Nintendo deserves to lose a ton of money in court because you dislike 3D and you also cannot spell laugh correctly?

http://www.islandcrisis.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/double-facepalm.jpg

They deserve to lose because they got called out on their ****.

And here's another.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:0691-4768-6135