Any word on an account system by this summer?

#1crimsonclaw111Posted 3/14/2013 6:22:44 PM
I want Animal Crossing digitally damn it.
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
#2Lord_FroodPosted 3/14/2013 6:31:17 PM
No personal offense to you, TC, then buy it digitally...

1.) Don't be a dumbass and misplace/lose your system (like me with my GBA)
2.) Don't break it

"W-What if it gets stolen?"
Again, don't misplace it. If you're really that worried about getting your house broken into and your 3DS stolen, then I'm just sorry for you having to live in that kind of area.
---
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#3GloryChaosPosted 3/14/2013 6:37:51 PM
No word on an account system yet. Miiverse will come to 3ds eventually. Let's hope an account system comes with it...
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#4crimsonclaw111(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 6:41:29 PM
Lord_Frood posted...

2.) Don't break it

Again, don't misplace it. If you're really that worried about getting your house broken into and your 3DS stolen, then I'm just sorry for you having to live in that kind of area.

No offense taken. I just want an account system if I buy the game digitally. Namely because $40 should get me the game across multiple devices, otherwise I'd just pick it up physically for $35 or so (Amazon order).
---
#5crimsonclaw111(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 6:43:08 PM
GloryChaos posted...
No word on an account system yet. Miiverse will come to 3ds eventually. Let's hope an account system comes with it...

Wii U has an account system iirc but it still doesn't tie game purchases to an account.
---
#690sRetroGamingPosted 3/14/2013 6:43:13 PM
Lord_Frood posted...

2.) Don't break it

I'd be more worried about the whole "crooked/dis-aligned top screen" situation occuring more than it being stolen, misplaced or breaking it yourself. it finally happend to my Aqua Blue 3DS in november, a month after my warranty was up no less. and i babied mine the entire time before getting mt XL.

If a warranty is up no one is going to want to pay for it to be repaired, which is why my old Aqua Blue still sits here today remaining with the crooked/mis-aligned top screen. we need those accounts pronto. it shouldn't even be up for discussion...
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#7crimsonclaw111(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 6:48:12 PM
90sRetroGaming posted...
I'd be more worried about the whole "crooked/dis-aligned top screen" situation occuring more than it being stolen, misplaced or breaking it yourself. it finally happend to my Aqua Blue 3DS in november, a month after my warranty was up no less. and i babied mine the entire time before getting mt XL.

If a warranty is up no one is going to want to pay for it to be repaired, which is why my old Aqua Blue still sits here today remaining with the crooked/mis-aligned top screen. we need those accounts pronto. it shouldn't even be up for discussion...

This is my biggest fear as well. My XL already has scratches from the ****ty border design. I'm probably going to get the Pika XL and then sell my current one though.
---
#890sRetroGamingPosted 3/14/2013 6:55:06 PM
crimsonclaw111 posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...

This is my biggest fear as well. My XL already has scratches from the ****ty border design. I'm probably going to get the Pika XL and then sell my current one though.

Granted the XL's top screen is better designed thanks to that thick border surrounding it (unlike the original) anything can still happen. personally i'm not worried about misplacing, it being stolen or breaking it myself but i AM worried about the screen issue and/or the 3DS itself possibly failing on me once my warranty is up.

And i'm well aware that Nintendo products for the most part are built with quality but still. after with what happend with my original 3DS...
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#9keyblader1985Posted 3/14/2013 10:16:15 PM
As far as warranties go, I'm pretty lucky/savvy. Just when a warranty is about to expire, my system either magically develops a problem, or I just send it in for the most minor problem I've been having with it. Since each repair extends the warranty by a year, my safety net gets a boost.

I got my DSi in April 2009, and the warranty for it JUST expired.
---
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/keyblader.jpg
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
#10shampoowarriorPosted 3/14/2013 10:24:06 PM
There likely won't be an account system from Nintendo this gen. 3DS may get a version of the "account system" the Wii U has, but everyone should be well aware how useless that thing is.

I'd say just suck it up and buy Animal Crossing digitally. Or don't. I'm going to.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior