what do you think of my startup 3DS games?

#1kamui22Posted 3/14/2013 9:17:33 PM
I just got a 3DS XL yesterday, and since doing so have picked up my first 4 games which include:

Shinobi
Castlevania LoS: MoF
Tales of the Abyss
Code of Princess

These are some of the games that helped make my decision that it was worth it to me to get a 3DS. I am interested in hearing what people think about these games? I know that it seems the reception for Castlevania is a pretty mixed bag at least.
#2the_NGWPosted 3/14/2013 9:24:44 PM
...that's actually a pretty weak set right there >_>

Code of Princess was alright, really short though, especially if the online doesn't do much for you.

Castlevania is pretty bad.

Abyss is one of the lesser Tales games, and on top of that it's just a port of an old title.

Shinobi I've no personal experience with.

Where's Kid Icarus (best game on the system so far)? Where's Mario Kart? Hell, if you wanted a port (TotA) where the **** is Zelda?
---
"Do you have the courage to ride with the devil?"
Now Watching: Kamen Rider Wizard, Kamen Rider Den-O
#3Makeveli_livesPosted 3/14/2013 9:27:59 PM
Weak lineup. Also, there's a deal on the Pikachu 3DSXL and regular 3DSXL for 160 at Target on the 24th. So you picked a horrible time to buy one.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1292 6142 0263
3DS FC: 0087 2410 1340
#4the_NGWPosted 3/14/2013 9:29:00 PM
Makeveli_lives posted...
Weak lineup. Also, there's a deal on the Pikachu 3DSXL and regular 3DSXL for 160 at Target on the 24th. So you picked a horrible time to buy one.

Aye, plus Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon comes out the same day...so you really missed out there.
---
"Do you have the courage to ride with the devil?"
Now Watching: Kamen Rider Wizard, Kamen Rider Den-O
#5cancerboy87Posted 3/14/2013 9:30:17 PM
no fire emblem?

well you have plenty of time to rectify your catalog XD
---
"Naruto isn't a ninja. He is a mage, why do you think he is able to do all those spells."-StupidMofoz
PSN: MrsCliffton NNID: pmw3505
#6kamui22(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 9:37:47 PM
I plan on eventually getting getting Zelda as I had a Playstation instead of an N64 back in the day and never got to play it. As for Fire Emblem, I have never really tried to play one before, I think I maybe played one on GBA for like 10 mins once; however, I am still looking to maybe try it out later but its just not on the top of my list right now.

As for Mario related stuff I am just not that into it anymore. I mean I grew up playing the first 3 Mario games and even enjoyed some Mario Kart in the SNES and N64 days playing with friends but its just not really my thing anymore. I have a slight interest in maybe sometime getting NSMB 2 since its more like NES/SNES Mario games though.

As for Code of Princess, I don't plan on playing it much until a friend of mine gets a 3DS and the game so we can co op. I usually play co op games like it and MH and such locally with real life friends; thus, I don't really have worries about the online being dead.
#7kamui22(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 9:42:13 PM
Oh, and as for Tales. I actually got the PS2 version back when it first came out but didn't play too far until I got distracted by other games.

I tried to play it again from the beginning again later on when I got my PS3; however, since my PS3 was the 80GB version the emulation would bug out at a certain dungeon and go black and freeze making the game unplayable. I was really getting into it and was upset I couldn't continue.

Now I can finally fully play it without having to dig out my old PS2 and hope it still works and whatnot
#81upsuperPosted 3/14/2013 9:42:48 PM
Needs more Fire Emblem, Virtue's Last Reward, Etrian Odyssey IV, Harvest Moon, and Uprising. Particularly the first three.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/1upsuper
#9kamui22(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 9:47:02 PM
I still need to play 999, but once I do get to VLR I plan on getting it for my Vita. Any game that is on both handhelds I will be getting for Vita.
#1090sRetroGamingPosted 3/14/2013 9:50:05 PM
If YOU like the games then your line up is NOT "weak", contrary to what others will tell you. that said.. i like your startup list. have fun and enjoy! :).
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com