Would you like another Mario Kart?

#1Frost_LASERPosted 3/14/2013 9:36:28 PM
I'm getting slightly bored with Mario Kart 7 when compared to Mario Kart DS. It seemed a little rushed and its lacking items, characters, karts, and interesting tracks imo. The online is nice without hackers though.

I know they've never released more than one Mario Kart game in a consoles life time, but if the 3DS sticks around a while would you want a new and improved Mario Kart?
#2legionofpancakePosted 3/14/2013 9:41:43 PM
I've never played Mario Kart 7 yet, but if it's as boring as I've heard then I'll probably pass. That would be pretty cool if they made a new one, but it probably won't be until/if the 3DS2... Or the 4DS... This is why you never use numbers as a main component of names. Like Army of Two...
---
Well, Courtney Gears didn't seem to mind.
Sonic for Hire= Greatest web series I've ever seen.
#390sRetroGamingPosted 3/14/2013 9:49:49 PM(edited)
Of course. with the official announcement of MK8 coming soon to the Wii U (currently in development and a playable demo coming at E3) i'm on cloud 9 right now!. i still like MK7 but i HAVE been getting bored with it.

The lack of alot of my favorite characters from the Wii version, the lack of Single Player Vs. Mode, Missions and Tournament didn't help the situation at all. great new courses, great retro courses (save for the lack of SNES, GBA and GCN compared to the others) and great music but absolutly lackluster on extras.

Could have been WAY better if they actually too their time with it. but instead it was rushed for holiday 2012.

So yes.. i'm dying for the new MK8. this is the upcoming game that will get me to by my Wii U soon rather than later.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#490sRetroGamingPosted 3/14/2013 9:46:28 PM
legionofpancake posted...
I've never played Mario Kart 7 yet, but if it's as boring as I've heard then I'll probably pass. That would be pretty cool if they made a new one, but it probably won't be until/if the 3DS2... Or the 4DS... This is why you never use numbers as a main component of names. Like Army of Two...

You do know that MK8 for the Wii U currently is and has been in development for awhile now right?. and that a playable demo will be shown off at E3 2013?. this was confirmed in the Nintendo Direct from february 14th. it's on the way ;).
---
#5legionofpancakePosted 3/14/2013 9:49:21 PM
90sRetroGaming posted...

You do know that MK8 for the Wii U currently is and has been in development for awhile now right?. and that a playable demo will be shown off at E3 2013?. this was confirmed in the Nintendo Direct from february 14th. it's on the way ;).

Now there's something to grab my interest! I don't have a Wii U just yet, but I'm holding off for some great announcements that are hopefully going to be made at E3. Wind Waker HD is almost- almost enough to sell me, but not quite. Random question: did anybody ever play Mario Kart Wii remotely well? I was always so terrible at that one.
---
Well, Courtney Gears didn't seem to mind.
Sonic for Hire= Greatest web series I've ever seen.
#690sRetroGamingPosted 3/14/2013 9:54:09 PM
90sRetroGaming posted...

Now there's something to grab my interest! I don't have a Wii U just yet, but I'm holding off for some great announcements that are hopefully going to be made at E3. Wind Waker HD is almost- almost enough to sell me, but not quite. Random question: did anybody ever play Mario Kart Wii remotely well? I was always so terrible at that one.

Haha, this has to be my most played game of the the last 5 years or so. no joke.. i'm on this nearly EVERYDAY!. i don't even wanna know how many hours i've poured into this one...
---
#7Bass_X0Posted 3/15/2013 1:34:02 AM
Make it an eShop exclusive game with 12 courses but the same characters, features, gameplay and graphics as Mario Kart 7.

I call it Mario Kart 6 and would have the 12 new courses from Mario Kart Wii not in Mario Kart 7.
---
"History always favors the victor at the expense of the truth." ~ Rook
#8kewldude475Posted 3/15/2013 1:59:49 AM
No. Not at all.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
#9melchiahdimPosted 3/15/2013 2:12:11 AM
How about instead of releasing a new game they should make new tracks for MK7 as DLC?
---
3DS Friend Code: 0516-8714-1928
Vita: Melchiahdim
#10Bass_X0Posted 3/15/2013 3:39:20 AM
melchiahdim posted...
How about instead of releasing a new game they should make new tracks for MK7 as DLC?

They can't. Mario Kart 7 would need to have been designed to accept DLC in the first place.

Hence why I say it should be DLC as in an exclusive eShop game that people can play even if they don't have Mario Kart 7.
---
"History always favors the victor at the expense of the truth." ~ Rook