Battery life on XL?

#1DapperDanManPosted 3/15/2013 5:12:09 AM
I want an xl but one of my favorite things about the 3ds is its ridiculous battery life. Anyone able to shed some light?
#2nimerjm37Posted 3/15/2013 5:34:37 AM
The XLs battery life is, in my experience, twice that of the regular 3DS. I got about 4 hours continuous play out of a fully charged 3DS, and I'm able to get at least 8, usually more, out of my fully charged 3DS XL.

There is no reason for the original 3DS to exist in a 3DS XL world. It is superior to the regular 3DS in every imaginable way.
---
I often wonder why the people most concerned with maturity are usually the most immature among us, don't you?
#3stargazer64Posted 3/15/2013 5:38:18 AM
^ do you keep your brightness on 1 or something?
---
This is superfrog HD! it's in HD dammit! - mike_411
#4DapperDanMan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 5:44:06 AM
nimerjm37 posted...

There is no reason for the original 3DS to exist in a 3DS XL world. It is superior to the regular 3DS in every imaginable way.

I like that my 3ds fits in my pocket?
#5Phange 2Posted 3/15/2013 6:33:15 AM
I have both an original and 3DS XL and honestly the battery life isn't -that- much longer with the XL.

I get somewhere between 4 and 6 hours - roughly the same as the Vita.
---
Bacon.
Playstation Network: Phange
#6CheeseIsSoFatPosted 3/15/2013 6:37:13 AM
No reason to get the puny, kiddy-like normal 3DS .

the XL has like 19 hours more battery life compared to the normal. True Story.

Trust the Cheese and get the XL babeh. Trust the Cheese.
#7nimerjm37Posted 3/15/2013 6:40:53 AM
DapperDanMan posted...
nimerjm37 posted...

I've heard this from a lot of people. The XL doesn't fit in your pocket? Mine does! In both my jeans pockets (front and back), my work slacks (front and back) AND my inside and outside jacket pockets. I carry my XL with me EVERYWHERE I go (StreetPass hopes, pedometer) and its always in a pocket. Further, my wife carries hers in a purse 24/7 as well.

Are you guys just wearing daisy duke-style jean cutoff shorts? If not, I can't see how it won't fit in a pocket.
---
I often wonder why the people most concerned with maturity are usually the most immature among us, don't you?
#8GhetsisPosted 3/15/2013 8:17:53 AM
DapperDanMan posted...
nimerjm37 posted...

My XL fits into my pocket just fine (and in the Club Nintendo pouch, too.) I don't wear any particularly unusual clothes, just regular jeans with regular pockets.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#9KaitaNuvaPosted 3/15/2013 8:24:38 AM
DapperDanMan posted...
nimerjm37 posted...

Stop wearing skinny jeans then. It fits into all my khakis / work pants / normal jeans / jacket pockets / whatever.

Topic: My XL lasts about 4-5 hours of active playing AND about 20 hours of sleep time with wifi off and 2nd highest brightness setting.
---
Rosewill Challenger | HannsG 21.5" | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 @3.7GHz | Sapphire HD 6850 1GB @875/1075 | 4gb ddr2 667 | Corsair 400w
#10vidalmorazaPosted 3/15/2013 8:32:59 AM
KaitaNuva posted...
DapperDanMan posted...
nimerjm37 posted...

Stop wearing skinny jeans then. It fits into all my khakis / work pants / normal jeans / jacket pockets / whatever.

Topic: My XL lasts about 4-5 hours of active playing AND about 20 hours of sleep time with wifi off and 2nd highest brightness setting.

It fits, is not comfortable tho....
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg