Just as Super Mario 64 came to the DS

#101LinkMaster2703Posted 3/16/2013 12:35:52 AM
FLUDD made Sunshine too easy. The only fun parts were when they took it away from you. Other than that, the general lack of level variety made it feel super bland and repetitive. All in all, it's probably my least favorite main series Mario game.
#102Deimos259Posted 3/16/2013 12:38:43 AM
That game made me stop buying new 3D Marios
---
http://i.imgur.com/MfeKl7D.jpg
#103eadricsonPosted 3/16/2013 12:41:40 AM
I'd buy it in a heartbeat because I never got a chance to play it. And to IHeartMetroid, I think you should invest in some anger management classes, or some prozac.
---
It's like there's a party on my monitor... and Geocities vomited all over it. - Buretsu on blingees
#104Silver_SparkletPosted 3/16/2013 6:46:42 AM
ZeroArchery posted...
Guys, this thread disappoints me.

Sunshine was NOT received well. I absoultely loved the game, and how smooth and precise the controls were, but it's a fact it wasn't received well.

But I would like to see it maybe get another chance. Maybe re-release it in HD on the Wii U eShop? I could just imagine that Delfino Hotel Stage with the sunset in 1080p.

Mmmmm.... XD

Now, where talking!! ^ . ^ I would love that!
---
simple & effective
#105Lord_FroodPosted 3/16/2013 7:18:58 AM
>actually feeding the trolls
---
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#106NettoSaitoPosted 3/16/2013 10:24:29 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
"Non-innovative?!?"

Mario 64 with a water gun =/= innovative gameplay.

Neither does Galaxy with linear levels, with no exploration, and a gravity system which has been used before.
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | Nintendo Network - [NettoSaito]
Netto's Game Room - http://nettosgameroom.blogspot.com/
#107MrSpacelySlatePosted 3/17/2013 12:25:50 AM
If it got the same treatment as SM64DS, then yes, even if it was just an enhanced remake/port.

Sunshine was basically a tropical Banjo-Kazooie starring Mario, and it was better for it.
#108jamieyelloPosted 3/17/2013 12:41:57 AM
IChangedMyName posted...
Mario sunshine made me hate Mario.

Before this game I wasn't bothered too much by Mario. I never got in Mario 64, but was able to just dabble around in it. But Sunshine felt too much of a chore to me. I wanted to just stomp on things, not 'clean them' then stomp on them...

What kind hero cleans his enemies first, then kills them?!!!??! And the bonus stages were ridiculously difficult for me.

NSMB2 made me hate Mario. Don't think about what a random ass move it was to give mario a hose/jetpack, it was the last inovation of marios life. I wonder when the next New Super Mario Bros. is coming out? Super Mario Sunshine was my favorite Mario game and one of my favorite games of all time.

I'm not going to read this whole topic probably threaded with one person who made a stupid comment and is now trying to argue with everyone on gamefaqs, but has anyone compared Super mario 3d land with super mario sunshine?

Super Mario Sunshine>>>>>>>>Super Mario 3d Land.
I dare you.
---
now go sit in the corner and think about your life.