It feels a bit stingy for Nintendo to charge users for the Flipnote Studio 3D

#11T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 3/15/2013 10:47:03 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
Its free for 30 days then you have to pay or you can't use it anymore.

Only the added connectivity options. People sure love to spread misinformation.
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
NNID: CodenameGreyFox
#12BishtrainerTai16Posted 3/15/2013 4:40:02 PM
You can only share/view flipnotes with people on your friends list.

If you want to browse random animations from people around the world, you'll have to pay a monthly fee.

Im disappointed, I liked just browsing the flipnote community on my DSi, but never posted anything myself. Maybe if the fee was to just upload files, but browsing was free?
---
|B|I|L|L|Y|C|O|E|N|...my anti-drug.
#13TerotrousPosted 3/15/2013 4:53:33 PM
I agree. No doubt 3D Flipnotes are at most 100kb. When you consider the amount of free space and bandwidth you get with a site like Photobucket it just seems absurdly cheap to charge for it.

Of course, since you can convert them into Gifs all that will happen is no one will use Nintendo's service and they'll just use free online galleries instead.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#14jellyonbread12Posted 3/15/2013 9:00:29 PM
GUYS. It's a SMALL MONTHLY FEE. If your videos are popular enough, you don't have to pay.
#15PuddingchanPosted 3/15/2013 9:16:38 PM
I think it's fair but I won't be using enough of Flipnote Studio to want that monthly access to a community.
#16TeepotPosted 3/15/2013 10:04:19 PM
I thought it was only free to share with people on your friends list but everything else required the premium service?
Whatever the case, it does seem odd they decided to charge for this when it was all free in the DSI version. No big deal for me either way as I only played around with flipnote once and only browsed the hatena site a couple of times after that.
---
Bad biscuits make the baker broke, bro.
#17RazieruPosted 3/15/2013 10:17:04 PM
Considering they are offering a subscription service to a doodling app, and one no one will ever use or take seriously anyway, why do you care so much, TC?

I heard maybe one or two people around here alone mention Flipnote, but that's only because they were the few who were aching for a 3DS version of it, NOT because it is some renaissance app.

Eh, anyway, it's no surprise that there are already a few NDF members here defending such a hilarity anyway. To make a big deal out of this is to make a big deal out of curators charging people just to look at artwork in an art gallery.
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#18gamercat86Posted 3/15/2013 10:26:42 PM
Remixdeluxe posted...
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...
But it IS free.

Watch the video again. Iwata definitely mentioned a small monthly fee.

The application itself is totally free no matter what. The monthly fee Iwata mentioned is for hosting your animations on the cloud. DSi flipnote animations will also be moved over to those same servers with the 3DS.

Sharing your animations with friends will be free. Hosting them for the whole world to see will require the fee. If your animations receive high ratings or become popular, the fee will be removed.

Keep in mind that this is only for hosting your creations on the servers. You will be able to create .gif animations as well as get the .avi file. That way, you can just upload them to youtube or something. The server thing is only to maintain a unified place for everyone to see instead of being scattered all over the Internet.
#19Bahamut_10thPosted 3/15/2013 10:29:25 PM
Remixdeluxe posted...
If the DSi version was free to host I don't see what makes this anymore different.

I would also like to add that the service in Swapnote is free too.

A few extra tools makes them think it's enough reason to charge for sharing your animations.

Pixel-based animating software that are free are very abundant for computers. With infinately better and more diverse tools than Flipnote Joke 3D has.

I'm a Nintendo fan but I think you have to pretty you know what to think this is reasonable.
#20gamercat86Posted 3/15/2013 10:34:07 PM
Bahamut_10th posted...
Remixdeluxe posted...
If the DSi version was free to host I don't see what makes this anymore different.

I would also like to add that the service in Swapnote is free too.

A few extra tools makes them think it's enough reason to charge for sharing your animations.

Pixel-based animating software that are free are very abundant for computers. With infinately better and more diverse tools than Flipnote Joke 3D has.

I'm a Nintendo fan but I think you have to pretty you know what to think this is reasonable.

But you can still host your animations on your own just like with those PC programs. You don't need to use the servers; you can just upload your animations to youtube or something since you can output an AVI file.