Getting an XL, can someone explain the eShop to me?

#11Mega_RatPosted 3/15/2013 7:23:17 PM
mahgah91 posted...
Axel0391 posted...
Hi, I tried searching this, but couldn't find what I was looking for in previous posts.

I'm thinking of buying a 3DS XL next week with the "Register an XL + Luigi's Mansion, get a free game download" deal (Probably will get Mario 3D Land, seems like that one is most likely to stay at full retail price for a long time).

Anyway, my main question is: I was wondering what people's opinions on the eShop are. Things like:

1) How does the eShop work? What's the interface like, and how do you pay for things?
2) Are all full-size retail games on the eShop? How do the prices compare to physical copies?
3) Are there other advantages to going digital instead of physical? Load times, etc?
4) Can digital titles be registered? (Specifically, referring to the Luigi's Mansion + free game DL deal)
5) What are the must-have games? I'm interested in Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario 3D Land, StarFox, Professor Layton, and Fire Emblem.

I'd really appreciate some thoughts and opinions on any or all of these questions. Thanks!

1) You can either redeem prepaid cards or you can use credit cards. To use a CC you have to purchase funds, the minimum amount being $10.00. So if you only want that $5 game, you're out of luck. You're taxed on purchases (not the funds) based on your zip code.

Ignore the bolded part.

You can add "Needed Funds" if you wish, or just put in $10, $20, $50, $100. So if a game is $3.99, you will charged exactly $3.99 when you select "Needed Funds" on the select amount screen.
---
My wonderful girlfriend is a smexy Bunuppy! A cross breed of a bunny and a puppy .. WHAT! O_O
http://i.imgur.com/nddzs.jpg <- My name in a game (MSFHD)! :D
#12iMURDAuPosted 3/15/2013 7:30:10 PM
I second what Mega Rat said. I've only ever added "needed funds" to buy a game.
---
Make the worst possible retailer an exclusive for a masterpiece game.. It's like putting Rolex into a Walmart."
-LordClyde on Gamestop selling Xenoblade