Kind of bored by the current game offerings

#1PuddingchanPosted 3/15/2013 11:38:06 PM
To be honest I find myself looking at the upcoming games and I find that while some of the games are nice, there's nothing that gets people hyped up or much to look forward to at the moment post-March release.

Anyone feeling the same way?
#2SefcaBlightPosted 3/15/2013 11:42:02 PM
nope
---
I walk ten thousand miles, ten thousand miles to see you
#3Deimos259Posted 3/15/2013 11:44:36 PM
Nope.

DeSu Overclocked
FE Awakening
Etrian Odyssey IV
Pokemon XY
M&L 4

Finally the 3DS is getting great games
---
This is serious business, remember that.
#4xxxRemmyxxxPosted 3/15/2013 11:52:23 PM
I'm guessing you never heard of Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers? You might want to give that a look.
#5Puddingchan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 11:55:46 PM
Deimos259 posted...
Nope.

DeSu Overclocked
FE Awakening
Etrian Odyssey IV
Pokemon XY
M&L 4

I'm only slightly interested in this one, but the release date is so far away. September or so right? I don't plan on preordering this yet until I hear more information about the game.

(What I really want to see released is DQM Terry's Wonderland in English, for which they have nothing announced as of yet.)

xxxRemmyxxx posted...
I'm guessing you never heard of Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers? You might want to give that a look.

No...not my type of game here.
#6hyper kobun dashPosted 3/15/2013 11:59:10 PM
Looking forward to:

Soul Hackers
Project X Zone
Rune Factory 4
---
"If the PS3 is Casablanca and the 360 is The Godfather, the wii would be Pluto Nash." - StilI_Kirbyfan9
#7xxxRemmyxxxPosted 3/16/2013 1:03:34 AM
Puddingchan posted...
Deimos259 posted...
Nope.

DeSu Overclocked
FE Awakening
Etrian Odyssey IV
Pokemon XY
M&L 4

I'm only slightly interested in this one, but the release date is so far away. September or so right? I don't plan on preordering this yet until I hear more information about the game.

(What I really want to see released is DQM Terry's Wonderland in English, for which they have nothing announced as of yet.)

xxxRemmyxxx posted...

Ok, so you would rather have some kiddy Pokemon game that rehashes the same stupid gimmick every gen. Gotcha.
#8LinkMaster2703Posted 3/16/2013 1:07:49 AM
xxxRemmyxxx posted...
Puddingchan posted...
Deimos259 posted...
Nope.

DeSu Overclocked
FE Awakening
Etrian Odyssey IV
Pokemon XY
M&L 4

xxxRemmyxxx posted...

Ok, so you would rather have some kiddy Pokemon game that rehashes the same stupid gimmick every gen. Gotcha.

Kiddy is a state of mind, the mechanics behind Pokemon are much deeper than that of Soul Hackers. And you want to talk about rehashes? You do realize that Soul Hackers is a port, right? Sure, the original wasn't released overseas, but your comment still drips with irony. SMT "rehashes" a lot too, don't be a troll.
#9xxxRemmyxxxPosted 3/16/2013 1:13:48 AM
LinkMaster2703 posted...
xxxRemmyxxx posted...
Puddingchan posted...
Deimos259 posted...
Nope.

DeSu Overclocked
FE Awakening
Etrian Odyssey IV
Pokemon XY
M&L 4

xxxRemmyxxx posted...

Kiddy is a state of mind, the mechanics behind Pokemon are much deeper than that of Soul Hackers. And you want to talk about rehashes? You do realize that Soul Hackers is a port, right? Sure, the original wasn't released overseas, but your comment still drips with irony. SMT "rehashes" a lot too, don't be a troll.

Not being a troll, just stating facts. Pokemon just keeps doing the same plotless game over and over, just using different Pokemon. The SMT games do have the Demon/Persona fusion thing, but it's stories are different at least. With Pokemon, once you played one, you pretty much played them all for the most part.
#10LinkMaster2703Posted 3/16/2013 1:40:13 AM
Naw, that's opinion. The games have a plot, and the newer games have even had pretty decent plots. The gameplay, on the other hand, is extremely nuanced and changes a lot between generations.