Sunshine needs to be ported because it is objectively the best Mario game.

#41SkyD1ddYPosted 3/16/2013 10:21:32 AM
Lord_Frood posted...
How is it crappy or sucks? FLUUD was way more innovative than the waggle jump mechanics and point and shoot from Galaxy. It was fun, but the whole hook was the playing with gravity... SMS had way more mechanics to play with and has probably been the most challenging Mario game yet, which isn't saying much when SM3DL and NSMB2 can be beaten with dying like 10 times, but still.

And nobody better bash the plot. Are you s***ting me? Since when have platformer Mario games had plot?

Galaxy 1 had a plot, and I consider that the best mario game, many others agree with me on that.
---
"It's always a gimmick until sony uses it" squatch22
#42l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 3/16/2013 10:25:18 AM
Butbutbut...TTYD...
---
"I'm not sick of Nintendo making good games. Just like I'm not sick of pizza, sex, and Doctor Who." - BlackWizardMagus
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#43wh0_kn0wsPosted 3/16/2013 10:26:09 AM
pikachupwnage posted...
Starwars4J posted...
FieldTornOutlaw posted...
Are you calling Majora's Mask crappy? Really...? Blasphemy!!!!

Blasphemy is calling it good. MM, much like Sunshine, received huge amounts of hate when it came out and for years after. The Zelda cycle is only now dictating it get praise, so it is. The incredibly short nature, the fact that the game was literally made on a bet and was rushed, the reused assets...it's just not a good game on the same level as the other Zelda games (even TP). Sunshine...sunshine even now still receives hate. It was just poorly made.

looooooooooooooooooool.

---
it's simple. just be nice.
#44Rurouni720Posted 3/16/2013 10:30:35 AM
AsylumXperiment posted...
Sunshine was amazing while Galaxy got boring really fast for me.

It's the reverse for me.
#45gamester_12345Posted 3/16/2013 10:37:04 AM
Eventhough i barely remember sunshine....

It had too much exploration, like there's some shines/coins/whatever that can only be obtained from squirting birds and whatever, and the series wasn't ready to have a story yet...

It just seems that Mario/Peach going to Delfino isle was out of the blue, to think of this logic how did Shadow Mario!Bowser Jr appear on the video at the beginning, assuming they only just got there part way....considering Bowser was on holiday wouldn't it be better if they stayed in the Mushroom Kingdom, even said character in question was a little peeved at the chaos the other spoiled character caused and simply started to fight just because.

Bowser Jr just seems like a scrappy character, though since it is a 3D game taking place in Mario's actual world, they couldn't use whimsical bosses like King Bomb omb or some sort of Pyramid Construct as bosses, but because of the exploratory nature that was similar to 64, it meant that they had to avoid attaching a linear order to the stages which meant the Koopalings was off limits...in coming Bowser Jr as an overall antagonist with the occasional polluted creature.

Galaxy reduced the sandboxish nature, but built more solidly on individual stages and gameplay as a whole, which is pretty surprising considering the things such as the FLUUD nozzles and the Power Caps, Galaxy's powerups was pretty tame, considering you couldn't take them anywhere which turned them into stage gimmicks rather than a forces necessity for overall stages.

Probably helped that Galaxy introduced Rosalina....possibly one of the most major characters in the main series with PLOT, and she's pretty endearing too, shame she took a backseat in Galaxy 2 though, though 2 felt slightly like mission expansion pack with a similar plot, but with NO Rosalina but there IS Yoshi.
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2356
KoL: Plucky, currently a Avatar of Jarlsberg
#46SkyD1ddYPosted 3/16/2013 10:37:43 AM
l33t_iRk3n_Rm33 posted...
Butbutbut...TTYD...

TTYD is part of the mario RPG series not the main platformer series.
---
"It's always a gimmick until sony uses it" squatch22
#47DEMONPANDA212Posted 3/16/2013 10:39:54 AM
Lord_Frood posted...
Seriously why hasn't the best mario game been ported on 3ds yet?????

Replace the soul sucking blue coin shines with a new area (Think SM64 DS) and you're on.

Also make Yoshi sea fairing again, that really was stupid, that water kills Yoshi.
#48Lord_Frood(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 10:45:10 AM
I agree with parts of what you're saying, gamester. I mean, yes, I loved Rosalina's backstory, but it wasn't integral to anything, much like the rest of any Mario games. Do we care why we can jump through portraits or why a storm blew away all those Tanooki/Raccoon leaves? Not really. So when they try to slap together some half-baked story like the one in SMS, it doesn't really bother too many people. I'm playing for the gameplay anyway, which Sunshine gives you plenty of in variety and volume. Galaxy would have been better if it weren't for the terrible comets that were supposedly there to add challenge. Doing Mission X with a time limit or 1 HP isn't fun or cool, it's just lazy and boring.
---
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#49bbv92628smPosted 3/16/2013 10:50:17 AM
Deimos259 posted...
Because it sucks

---
"We're going back to potatos."
#50FierceDeity1026Posted 3/16/2013 10:53:35 AM
SkyD1ddY posted...
l33t_iRk3n_Rm33 posted...
Butbutbut...TTYD...

TTYD is part of the mario RPG series not the main platformer series.

But TC said "best Mario game," so I think he's referring to all types of Mario games.

Sunshine is my favorite 3D Mario simply because I had the most fun with it. Mario controls so well in this game, and it's only made better by FLUDD. Running and jumping is so smooth and easy to control, even in the air. The tornado jump was like the best thing, especially when you spray water while doing so. I spent a lot of time playing with the nozzles that let you run really fast and jump really high. And then there's Yoshi, who jumps so ridiculously high that it's......ridiculous. And who doesn't love spraying enemies to turn them into flying platforms? And this game was definitely challenging, although some of the difficulty was cheap (like that stupid Pianta-throwing segment!).

Oh, and spraying the ground and sliding on it for miles......awesome! And hanging on ropes and blasting water to make Mario spin around really fast......yes! Mario has like the most amount of actions available to him ever in a Mario platformer. And I sound like a 10 year old typing this because I remember how fun this game is and I want to play it again haha

Anyway, while Sunshine is my favorite, I also realize it has a lot of flaws. I think one of the Galaxy games might be the best, but Sunshine is definitely the most fun!

Oh, but my favorite Mario game ever is TTYD.