Flipnote Studio 3D question.

#1BR0DE0Posted 3/16/2013 11:26:43 AM
I am beyond excited for flipnote studios on the 3ds, however whenever I watch the sample videos, there are three things that really bug me. One is that there is a grid like pattern in the background. I can really see this becoming irritating because it will make everything you draw seem hollow unless it's completely filled in with color. You know what I mean? Like the black outline will pop out in 3d, but since the white inside isn't drawn, you will see the grid appear as if it's behind the black outline.
Another is that that same grid that annoys me randomly bugs out and disappears and reappears as it pleases. Maybe this is more of a hint that it can be turned off, but I can't help feel that this is already a "glitch".
The third thing is that you can only draw a flipnote in a square shape, and not in the entire top screen. I can understand why this is done. They probably thought it would be too hard to make the shift between drawing on the size of the touch screen and then translating it to the rectangle top screen. However, I feel like if they made it like Colors 3d, this could be easily fixed. Having it not take up the entire screen is going to be awkward when animating. What if you want to have something creep up from the sides of the screen, it will look weird because since there isn't the end of the screen, you'll see the end of the character and it will look like he's cut in half and slowly regaining the rest of his body instead of him coming onto the screen. I feel like another way to fix this would be to just make everything around the square completely black. However, I'd really like it if they just made flipnote studios 3d like Colors 3d

Anyone else notice these things? I may be really picky, but I feel like this is kind of a step down from the dsi app. :/
#2MrAntike184Posted 3/16/2013 11:43:58 AM
If they only made it like Colors 3D, there would be no point of Flipnote 3D.
---
Proud owner of 3DS XL, GBA SP, N64, Xbox 360 & PS2.
Favorite game series: Zelda, F-Zero, & Kid Icarus.
#3BR0DE0(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 12:13:50 PM
MrAntike184 posted...
If they only made it like Colors 3D, there would be no point of Flipnote 3D.

I meant that more in a you can zoom in a zoom out allowing you to draw on the entire top screen instead of just the size of the bottom screen, instead of that I want it to be exactly lie colors 3d.