Pokemon X and Y looks awful

#51Furikuri_flclPosted 3/16/2013 1:08:21 PM(edited)
DetectiveErika posted...
Furikuri_flcl posted...
Then I ask you this, what does it say about the state of the privileged when POLYGONS IN A VIDEO GAME ARE SEEN AS A PROBLEM?

A problem is usually something someone has to face and deal with that have strong negative impacts. POLYGONS IN A GAME HAVING A STRONG NEGATIVE IMPACT IN SOMEONE'S LIFE? No, it's not even good enough to even be considered that.

Pretty harsh words for someone who once declared "The haters are doing a great service for all that is good in the world." I guess first world problems are legit problems when you agree with them, eh?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/irony

Did I say that in the FF XIII boards by the way? Totally platinumed that game and bought the sequel :P
---
Now Playing: Picdun, Xenoblade Chronicles, Luminous Arc 2, Virtue's Last Reward.
#52FierceDeity1026Posted 3/16/2013 1:08:21 PM
Furikuri_flcl posted...
I never said someone doesn't have the right to complain over lesser issues. But complaining about some thing that anyone with a single drop of perspective could realize is not even an issue is another story.

There's nothing wrong with discussing video game, but the constant extreme attitudes of gamers and complaining over things of absolutely no importance whatsoever as if they were some source of outrage is just tiring.

I know this is an issue that have much deeper societal roots, but if gamers actually want negative stereotypes towards them to stop, they have to stop playing the part. Some may say doing things like this on forums is useless, but I see every little action as a step in the right direction.

I see what you're saying, but as long as something exists, there will be complaints about it. =P

I was mainly just discussing the children in Africa comment you brought up earlier. I was just trying to explain why I felt that was a bit out-of-place for your argument. Other than that, I agree that some complaints can be ridiculous.
#53nintendoman562(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 1:09:41 PM
Furikuri_flcl posted...
FierceDeity1026 posted...
Furikuri_flcl posted...
Then I ask you this, what does it say about the state of the privileged when POLYGONS IN A VIDEO GAME ARE SEEN AS A PROBLEM?

A problem is usually something someone has to face and deal with that have strong negative impacts. POLYGONS IN A GAME HAVING A STRONG NEGATIVE IMPACT IN SOMEONE'S LIFE? No, it's not even good enough to even be considered that.

Erm, this is a bit irrelevant to our discussion, but I agree, I personally don't see the polygons as an issue. The only thing I dislike about X and Y is the grid-based movement in a 3D environment.

But anyway, that doesn't change the fact that you think people shouldn't complain about issues if someone else has worse issues. And besides, we're on a video game message board. Discussing video games. We're just discussing ways to make the games we're anticipating even better.

I never said someone doesn't have the right to complain over lesser issues. But complaining about some thing that anyone with a single drop of perspective could realize is not even an issue is another story.

There's nothing wrong with discussing video game, but the constant extreme attitudes of gamers and complaining over things of absolutely no importance whatsoever as if they were some source of outrage is just tiring.

I know this is an issue that have much deeper societal roots, but if gamers actually want negative stereotypes towards them to stop, they have to stop playing the part. Some may say doing things like this on forums is useless, but I see every little action as a step in the right direction.

If people didn't complain about things then nothing would get done. If people didn't complain that they couldn't communicate with their loved ones outside of home, then we wouldn't have cell phones. If people didn't complain that they had to use a map every time they wanted to drive, we wouldn't have a GPS system. It's through complaining that things can be improved for ourselves, regardless if there are starving children in Africa or not.
#54DetectiveErikaPosted 3/16/2013 1:09:44 PM
Furikuri_flcl posted...
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/irony

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ParodyRetcon
#55Mariofan15Posted 3/16/2013 1:09:55 PM
What's the point of topics like this, seriously?

To whine about stupid things.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:0691-4768-6135
#56Furikuri_flclPosted 3/16/2013 1:12:02 PM
Furikuri_flcl posted...

I see what you're saying, but as long as something exists, there will be complaints about it. =P

I was mainly just discussing the children in Africa comment you brought up earlier. I was just trying to explain why I felt that was a bit out-of-place for your argument. Other than that, I agree that some complaints can be ridiculous.

What better slap full of perspective in the face than the idea of a child dying of hunger? I realize it's low brow and a bit insensitive to use them in such a way, but it's effectiveness leaves nothing to be desired.
---
Now Playing: Picdun, Xenoblade Chronicles, Luminous Arc 2, Virtue's Last Reward.
#57papery0shi2Posted 3/16/2013 1:14:33 PM
But we are Nintendo fans! We don't care about graphics!
---
Brawl FC- 3780- 8691-5039- Mist [( Mains- Yoshi, Bowser, Peach, Squirtle, Mario)]
Pokemon FC- 1547-9508-2200
#58Furikuri_flclPosted 3/16/2013 1:21:28 PM
nintendoman562 posted...
Furikuri_flcl posted...
Furikuri_flcl posted...

Erm, this is a bit irrelevant to our discussion, but I agree, I personally don't see the polygons as an issue. The only thing I dislike about X and Y is the grid-based movement in a 3D environment.

But anyway, that doesn't change the fact that you think people shouldn't complain about issues if someone else has worse issues. And besides, we're on a video game message board. Discussing video games. We're just discussing ways to make the games we're anticipating even better.

If people didn't complain about things then nothing would get done. If people didn't complain that they couldn't communicate with their loved ones outside of home, then we wouldn't have cell phones. If people didn't complain that they had to use a map every time they wanted to drive, we wouldn't have a GPS system. It's through complaining that things can be improved for ourselves, regardless if there are starving children in Africa or not.

These are things that would go further into a debate of ambient consumerism and the human ego. Basically the making of the unnecessary into the necessary through capitalist conditioning and the focus of humanity on solving the smallest perceptions of problem in the name of the almighty dollar while it ignores the biggest problems facing the human condition.

That is another discussion though.
---
#59kewldude475Posted 3/16/2013 1:22:40 PM
Furikuri_flcl posted...
Your face looks awful.

Why don't you go take the place of a starving African child for a few weeks, see if you still care whether or not hands don't have fingers on them in a video game.

This is literally the dumbest post I've seen on this board, barring maybe DemonDog.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
#60TakayaNorikoPosted 3/16/2013 1:27:26 PM
Furikuri_flcl posted...
These are things that would go further into a debate of ambient consumerism and the human ego. Basically the making of the unnecessary into the necessary through capitalist conditioning and the focus of humanity on solving the smallest perceptions of problem in the name of the almighty dollar while it ignores the biggest problems facing the human condition.

*drops monocle into tea*

I say!
---
I ate a bear once, you know.