If I get an XL and do a system transfer...

#11rahxephon122Posted 3/16/2013 5:38:38 PM
It combines iirc
---
Ich habe keinen Meister bis auf den Wind der Freiheit!
#12parKb5(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 4:04:45 AM(edited)
skulper34 posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/63530777

Thanks for the link. But I have a question about this section:

Target System

20.Tap "Delete" to confirm deletion of all Nintendo 3DS data on the target system's SD Card. Tap the blue “Delete” button to begin the transfer.

•If "Do Not Delete" is selected, the Target system will request to perform the transfer without deleting the Nintendo 3DS data on the SD Card. Tap "Yes" to begin the transfer.

21.When the transfer is complete, tap "OK" to restart the system.

Does that mean that if I tap "Delete" that everything on the SD card in my old system will be deleted? I thought that you were supposed to remove the old SD card and use it on the new system. I don't want to delete all the info on the SD card, I want to transfer the SD card (I have a 16GB card in my 3DS now) to my new 3DS XL.

Should I tap "Do Not Delete" so that I can transfer everything over to the new system and just use the same SD card that I am using now? If so, is it OK to pop out the SD card prior to the transfer and just transfer over everything on the system memory itself and then pop in the old SD card to the new 3DS and it will have all the information on it that my old 3DS had or will it not work if there is no SD card installed?
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#13parKb5(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 1:56:58 PM
parKb5 posted...
skulper34 posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/63530777

Thanks for the link. But I have a question about this section:

Target System

20.Tap "Delete" to confirm deletion of all Nintendo 3DS data on the target system's SD Card. Tap the blue “Delete” button to begin the transfer.

•If "Do Not Delete" is selected, the Target system will request to perform the transfer without deleting the Nintendo 3DS data on the SD Card. Tap "Yes" to begin the transfer.

21.When the transfer is complete, tap "OK" to restart the system.

Does that mean that if I tap "Delete" that everything on the SD card in my old system will be deleted? I thought that you were supposed to remove the old SD card and use it on the new system. I don't want to delete all the info on the SD card, I want to transfer the SD card (I have a 16GB card in my 3DS now) to my new 3DS XL.

Should I tap "Do Not Delete" so that I can transfer everything over to the new system and just use the same SD card that I am using now? If so, is it OK to pop out the SD card prior to the transfer and just transfer over everything on the system memory itself and then pop in the old SD card to the new 3DS and it will have all the information on it that my old 3DS had or will it not work if there is no SD card installed?

Help a brother out!

**see above**
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#14Thunderbird8Posted 3/17/2013 5:00:57 PM
The Delete question is referring to the SD card in the target system, not the source system.
#15JoeHigashi2000Posted 3/18/2013 5:26:42 PM
Thunderbird8 posted...
JoeHigashi2000 posted...
You only lose save date from DSiWare games. I've transferred twice.

You will not lose DSiWare save data in a 3DS->3DS system transfer. Only in a DSi->3DS system transfer.

I noticed that after my system transfer, SpotPass was deactivated for a handful of games, though in most cases I didn't care :P.

SwapNote stationary will transfer, as will your entire friend list and friend code.

Clock settings aren't transferred during a system transfer, as you set that up during the system setup anyway (which has to be done prior to the transfer).

That explains it. I know I lost the data from my DSi XL to my 3DS and the. Just never played my DSiWare games since then really but I have transferred twice after that.
---
GT: J03HIG45HI PS3/Vita: JoeHigashi2000 3DS: 0817-3804-7210