Hardest game you've ever beat?

#201UnderratedGamerPosted 3/17/2013 6:03:58 PM
If anybody's truly up for the challenge, how about obtaining all the rages for Gau in FFVI?

The time completing that could make a game in itself.

It took me almost 60 hours to find those darn enemies in the veldt. I ended up getting around 95% of it done.
---
Regardless of what anyone says, everyone in the world is an Agnostic considering what we truly know.
#202ultradavedPosted 3/17/2013 9:06:23 PM
^ The trouble with that is getting the damn enemies to appear the first time through so that they'll show up on the Veldt to begin with. I remember having to restart more than once because of the Serpent Trench (encounters are pre-determined) not giving me some of the enemies.

Not really hard, just luck-of-the-draw to get the enemies in some sections, walthrough checklist-arific for the rest, and time-consuming to get them to appear on the Veldt. I think I was only missing 3 or 4 on my best playthrough.

Also, I seem to remember some enemies appearing but not letting me learn them by the usual "leap" method, including proto-armor and pugs (plural, as a group). Glitch in my game or was that standard?
#203GigerSupremePosted 3/17/2013 9:14:04 PM
i managed to 100 percent gaus rages.

it was a test of patience and luck mostly... definitely not requiring any skill at all.
#204LegoGarlicBreadPosted 3/17/2013 9:23:02 PM
I got all of the trophies on Super Smash Brothers Melee. Does that count?
---
It makes so much sense, it rhymes.
#205themegaman7Posted 3/17/2013 9:23:37 PM
Ninja Gaiden 1 on NES by far.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#206marsgreekgodPosted 3/17/2013 9:43:19 PM
castlevania portrait of ruin level 1 hard mode, no new game plus
#207ultradavedPosted 3/17/2013 9:43:25 PM
LegoGarlicBread posted...
I got all of the trophies on Super Smash Brothers Melee. Does that count?

Me too. Since the title is, "hardest game you've ever beat," it definitely counts if it's true for you, lol. I found getting the all-bonus trophy to be pretty rough, but some of these NES titles were worse.

Often, though, I think that their difficulty stemmed from the finite lives/continues that most modern games don't impose anymore. Super Meat Boy would supplant just about all of the NES games in difficulty if you only had 9 lives before you had to start over.

I forgot about Janitor Joe, a Tandy 1000 game (vague enough for ya?) that prematurely aged me at least 3 years in my youth. I actually don't recall if I beat it, but I know it made sure that I didn't go outside for quite some time.
#208avenue20Posted 3/17/2013 9:48:48 PM(edited)
super mario frustation
yugioh forbidden memories (without gameshark and cheat)
#209ShadowkhNinjaPosted 3/18/2013 1:28:02 AM
paralyzed21 posted...
prinny - final boss was nutz

Final Sir Sweet fight?

yup felt so badass beating him
---
"The more things change, the more they stay the same."
-Snake Plissken-
#210DoctorCrabMDPosted 3/18/2013 2:19:34 AM
Jak 2. Took me 23 hours due to constantly repeating missions but I actually beat it.