Remember when the Vita was priced the same as the 3DS before the price-cut?

#11DarkAdonis123Posted 3/17/2013 12:21:09 PM
GlamGlorps posted...
Why do you think the memory cards are $100?

Sony planned to make up the losses on the system by making triple profit margins on the overpriced proprietary memory cards.

Thankfully this was one of the rare cases where the consumer actually said "NO."

No kidding. I was also surprised consumers didn't buy into that scam. Sony could've supported SD like everyone else, but chose to go with ridiculously overpriced proprietary memory cards.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#12Starwars4JPosted 3/17/2013 12:40:39 PM
The Vita was in fact not selling at a loss, much like how the 3DS wasn't selling at a loss. Of course the massive markup of memory cards and the lack of internal memory definitely padded out the smaller amount of profit they were making. However given what went into the 3DS, it's really not all that surprising that the Vita was priced similarly.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#13Bancario51Posted 3/17/2013 1:29:47 PM
the question is why did they price cut when they are finally starting to get games?
---
What is the meaning of life? A: Nanomachines, son
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#14arvilinoPosted 3/17/2013 1:33:15 PM
Bancario51 posted...
the question is why did they price cut when they are finally starting to get games?

Maybe it might be to entirce people who normally wouldn't buy a handheld, to get it for remote play for the PS4.
#15monkeypahngPosted 3/17/2013 1:37:26 PM
Bancario51 posted...

What are these games you're talking about?

Seriously, I see no reason to buy a handheld console that is nothing more than a PS3 portable without the vast library of games.
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang
#16warlord3Posted 3/17/2013 2:08:41 PM
Hardware sales come before games. Publishers aren't going to fund games for systems that aren't selling. 3DS hardware sales perked up in 2012 so now in 2013 we are seeing an influx of top game releases. Vita needs a strong year of console sales before publishers are going to pay to do anything but port.
---
Think of Clevos as being what Mac owners think they have. - Exiled_Overseer
#17CompassPosted 3/17/2013 2:21:10 PM
monkeypahng posted...
Bancario51 posted...

What are these games you're talking about?

Seriously, I see no reason to buy a handheld console that is nothing more than a PS3 portable without the vast library of games.

You give it too much credit. Vita is nowhere near as powerful as the PS3.