Idea for Advance Wars 3DS if it ever comes.

#1SegavsCapcomPosted 3/17/2013 12:04:01 PM
What if the overall tone and story telling was closer to Days of Ruin but with the characters and overall mechanics of the original trilogy? Like having the original cast in a darker world grappling with themes like totalitarianism, ethics in war, PTSD, etc.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#2Tempest717Posted 3/17/2013 12:05:51 PM
So you want to cut out the good parts of both?
---
Official Cherry Garcia of the IDF
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF
#3SegavsCapcom(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 12:09:51 PM
Tempest717 posted...

Not the way I see it.

DoR had great storytelling and interesting characters but felt incomplete gameplay wise.

The original trilogy had great mechanics but standard "save teh worldz!" stories.

Combining the storytelling of DoR and the gameplay of the original trilogy would be awesome.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#4Tempest717Posted 3/17/2013 12:12:01 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
Tempest717 posted...

Not the way I see it.

DoR had great storytelling and interesting characters but felt incomplete gameplay wise.

The original trilogy had great mechanics but standard "save teh worldz!" stories.

Combining the storytelling of DoR and the gameplay of the original trilogy would be awesome.

I prefer the balanced gameplay of DoR to the "BLAST THEM WITH YOUR C.O. POWER" myself. But I do agree with the story part. We just need Sami, Grit and Eagle in DoR and it'd be great.
---
Official Cherry Garcia of the IDF
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF
#5andizzle29662Posted 3/17/2013 12:19:14 PM
I really hope that's intelligent systems next game. They did an amazing fire emblem, a good paper Mario, now I need my advance wars fix. I wouldn't mind if it was just an eshop release.
---
Most wanted: bioshock infinite, 3d mario game for WiiU, pokemon x, metro last light, animal crossing, pikmin 3, luigi mansion 2, and more.
#6_Matt_Engarde_Posted 3/17/2013 12:24:12 PM
Cut out the dark stuff. IS can let Fire Emblem mature in tone, but keep AW to a fun, cartoony series.
---
Official Matt Engarde of GameFAQs/Metatron of the SMTIV board.
"Hold on a sec. I'm gonna consult myself, OK?"
#7ferofaxPosted 3/17/2013 7:19:13 PM
I personally prefer the darker story of Days of Ruin. Some parts really make me wince, like in a good, empathic way.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#8JurassicBondPosted 3/17/2013 7:45:11 PM
I don't care either way about story. I'd prefer the gameplay of Days of Ruin, but that's not a huge preference. I just hope they have as much content with the next one as they did with Dual Strike. Days of Ruin felt sparse in comparison.
---
Reading: A Storm of Swords - George R. R. Martin
http://i.imgur.com/AUbFA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg
#9monkeypeelPosted 3/17/2013 10:38:15 PM
Even tho days of ruin was really good all around, the cartoony style of the previous advance war games is really its style. Especially for the combat and the COs, it fits it well and we need Andy back
#10sentoworfPosted 3/17/2013 10:46:55 PM
I liked the darker tone in Days of Ruin.
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif