So can Tales of Vesperia port for 3DS be possible?

#41FuzzyJelloPosted 3/18/2013 5:01:59 PM(edited)
Seeing Street Fighter IV on 3DS did kind of give hope for HD ports, but then as a fighter it was an easier thing to work with. Doubtful.

confettistorm posted...
Please try again.

Let me guess, Call of Duty #14 is the BEST game this gen and it has the absolute BEST plot, BEST cast and BEST plot pacing of any series? It has the BEST mutliplayer game? Why? Because it's the BEST?

So you have the nerve to call someone out for bad opinions, but rather than tell them why you put words in their mouths?

21_21 posted...
Bombing of Vita as an additional hope! Leave Vita alone! It needs games like Tales to sell well!

Hey, Sony needs something to replace Monster Hunter.

AkaneJones posted...
Namco Bandai puts Sqaure Enix to shame.

Let's not forget releasing Tales games the same week as Final Fantasy games both internationally and at home.

I'm really a bit torn; on one hand, it's great for Non-Sony machines to get Tales in any form- I'd even lump DoTNW into that pile.

On the other, Namco really has spent the last two generations wasting good time and money pretending that Tales isn't a Sony-specific franchise- as every Non-Sony Tales gets ported- for no real discernible reason. Namco needs to just come out and say that it's a Sony series by virtue of Sony owning the Japanese console market and always has been (Phantasia exempt). Because given no developer continuously multiplats their AAA games Sony-Nintendo, that's where it's going to end up.
#42Janobii_IvyPosted 3/18/2013 5:09:31 PM
It couldn't run on the 3DS, Tales of the Abyss 3D could barely run properly on the 3DS yet people think it's the superior version. It's not.
---
Amber stole my sig before it existed.
#4321_21(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 6:04:51 PM(edited)
AkaneJones posted...
21_21 posted...
Whoa, you said a mouthful, but I really don't have any problem with Tales being on a Sony system, because I'm long used to that. Yeah sure I've played Tales of on Nintendo as well ever since Symphonia but I'm used to it and honestly, I'd rather on a Sony console than on a Nintendo console.

It's not that, I want Namco to stop this crap and just Multiplatform the series. It's not that its on Sony it's that the refuse to properly support Nintendo systems despite any sort of sales data saying other wise. You wonder why the series dooms itself to being obscure out of Japan. That's why.

And how many Tales of the Abyss 3D fans want more Vita Tales of games? They don't and they know it wouldn't be in English anyway, most are not importers.

It's funny you mention that because Sony used to be the king of RPGs around here. Heck, they still are. Out of the 3 current consoles, the PS 3's the one getting the bulk of RPGs. Look at how much the Wii and 360 got. Doesn't even reach half the quantity the PS 3 has, and the PS 3 doesn't even have a third of what the PS 2 had. And don't get me started on PS 1.

You're acting like Namco giving Sony a special treatment like a headline. Newsflash: Square Enix, Level 5, and even Konami are giving Sony systems a special treatment when it comes to RPGs. You know why? Because most of the RPG players are Sony lovers. These guys grew up with playstation side by side with RPGs. Square Enix is doing the same thing, or are you also going to complain about how Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 won't be for WiiU or 3DS? Sony systems will always get more RPGs.

Yes I know, you said simply make it multiplatform to make everyone happy, but they're not gonna waste their time doing so if the other system wont' have a larger fanbase for it. If there's a Tales game for PS 3 and WiiU, I'll still get the PS 3 version.

Don't act like Tales of series is the only one that's doing this, because pretty much every other big name third party RPG series is doing the same thing.
---
Currently playing:
999, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#44AkaneJonesPosted 3/18/2013 7:06:17 PM
21_21 posted...

It's funny you mention that because Sony used to be the king of RPGs around here. Heck, they still are. Out of the 3 current consoles, the PS 3's the one getting the bulk of RPGs. Look at how much the Wii and 360 got. Doesn't even reach half the quantity the PS 3 has, and the PS 3 doesn't even have a third of what the PS 2 had. And don't get me started on PS 1.

You're acting like Namco giving Sony a special treatment like a headline. Newsflash: Square Enix, Level 5, and even Konami are giving Sony systems a special treatment when it comes to RPGs. You know why? Because most of the RPG players are Sony lovers. These guys grew up with playstation side by side with RPGs. Square Enix is doing the same thing, or are you also going to complain about how Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 won't be for WiiU or 3DS? Sony systems will always get more RPGs.
Yes I know, you said simply make it multiplatform to make everyone happy, but they're not gonna waste their time doing so if the other system wont' have a larger fanbase for it. If there's a Tales game for PS 3 and WiiU, I'll still get the PS 3 version.
Don't act like Tales of series is the only one that's doing this, because pretty much every other big name third party RPG series is doing the same thing.

No most RPG gamers notices Japanese companies switch to handhelds and are all over DS & 3DS. Most of the "RPG gamers" that went out and purchased a PS3 were terribly disappointed in the systems till recently. It was close to the SNES RPG gamers who stuck with N64. Not as bad because it go something, outside Paper Mario, Harvest Moons, some random Konami hybrid, Ogre Battle, and what ever Quest 64 is, but still.

Actually Ogre Battle 64 = Disgaea 3/4, Harvest Moon 64 = Atelier Trilogy, Quest 64 = Neptunias, Hybrid Heaven = Eternal Sonata, Paper Mario = Ni no Kuni. The difference is PS3 didn't brake promises it just released bad games. On N64 you didn't get Earthbound 64, but on PS3 you Final Fantasy XIII,. One didn't get Tales of Phantasia 2, they found a crappy Star Ocean VI. One didn't even receive Fire Emblem 64 as a premiss, but PS3 you junk like Record of Agarest War that would have stayed in Japan if not for slim pickings.

The truth is if it wasn't for Tales of games and a choice few like Ni no Kuni & Valkyria Chronicles. The comparison wouldn't look unjust. I mean aside from one game being 2/3 of the same, but the markets different now. Demon's Soul is the N64 Shiren in that comparison by the way, it just became popular.

The thing is you say it with your one sided approach. Forget the wRPG ported to PS3 for a moment. Look at PS3 versus Wii a moment. Wii had a Shiren, a Chocobo's Dungeon, a Crystal Chronicles spinoff, a Fire Emblem, a Paper Mario spin off, a Dragon Quest & a spin off,, Arc Rise Fantasia(which was only ruined by Ignition), Fragile, Last Story, Xenoblade, to Rune Factorys, ToS2 for better or worse, Opoona(which is the Wiis Earthbound or even Ni no Kuni,but less obvious appeal), Muramasa(yes just like Odin Sphere), Barogue, Little King's Story(might as well something odd is going to be on a PS3 list), and Phantom Brave & Sakura Wars ports. That's 20, how many of those are bad? Yah, no maybe that FFCC game, depending on weather it Crystal Bearers of the other, and what you wanted.

Now on PS3 you have a Final Fantasy and an unwanted sequel, a Star Ocean, an Ar tonelico, 3 NIS cross overs, 3 Neptunias, 2 White Knights, NIER, 2 Agarest War, 2 Disgaeas, 3 Ateliers, 2 Dark/Demon Souls, Enchanted Arms, Eternal Sonata, Ni no Kuni, 1 1/2 Tales of, and Valkyria Chronicles. That's 27/8 titles, but how many were bad? Around 15, with wiggle room they actually end up the same on good vs. good.

Why do you assume Sony can't have pulled a N64 style turn around here with the PS3. The really RPG gamers particularly in Japan went went DS & PSP. Now it's clear they are on 3DS and not Vita.
#45AkaneJonesPosted 3/18/2013 7:13:08 PM
The fact they are actually so close to even consider the Wii in the running, a system that wasn't getting the same 3rd party support, is telling. This is the very reason I suggest proper multi-platform now. WiiU doesn't have the flaws. Who says PS4, a system that won't have BC, isn't going to have the same sales issue. This isn't even PS2 dominance, even though most get that Abyss is one of two games Gamecube should have got, Soul Calibur 3 is clearly the other.