Is the 3DS monster hunter worth it? If you can't do multiplayer?

#1ObtuseAnginaPosted 3/17/2013 7:15:15 PM
I don't have friends with the game, I have a Wii u but I don't think I can hook it up wired to the Internet for the app that allows to play the 3DS version online I could though maybe get the Wii u version in the future
---
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_http://i.imgur.com/3f4yT.jpg But if you're gonna cheat,
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,...you might as well be a fairy while you're at it.
#2thenavysfinest7Posted 3/17/2013 7:23:24 PM
x23sephiroth23x posted...
but I don't think I can hook it up wired to the Internet for the app that allows to play the 3DS version online

Huh? You can't play the 3DS version online without being connected to the Wii U?
---
Nintendo Network: KidKreole7 PSN:RoflJosh
If you believe in a "Console War", YOU are whats wrong with America.
#3ObtuseAngina(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 7:26:57 PM
thenavysfinest7 posted...
but I don't think I can hook it up wired to the Internet for the app that allows to play the 3DS version online

Huh? You can't play the 3DS version online without being connected to the Wii U?

That is correct, the 3DS only has local multiplayer but there is an app for Wii U that allows you to connect the 3DS version online kinda like Sony's Ad Hoc party for ps3
---
#4thenavysfinest7Posted 3/17/2013 7:30:14 PM
thenavysfinest7 posted...

That is correct, the 3DS only has local multiplayer but there is an app for Wii U that allows you to connect the 3DS version online kinda like Sony's Ad Hoc party for ps3

Oh, ok. Well I guess that will work. I assume the app will be released on the release day for the game? Good thing I have a Wii U as well :D
---
Nintendo Network: KidKreole7 PSN:RoflJosh
#5ObtuseAngina(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 7:33:41 PM
I'm not entirely sure when its going to be released, but from what I heard is the Wii u needs to be physically wired to the Internet to use it.
---
#6thenavysfinest7Posted 3/17/2013 7:38:50 PM
I'm not entirely sure when its going to be released, but from what I heard is the Wii u needs to be physically wired to the Internet to use it.

Hmmm...I may just need to buy the Wii U version as well at some point.
---
Nintendo Network: KidKreole7 PSN:RoflJosh 3DS FC 5000-2284-0288
#7Ikilluha1Posted 3/17/2013 8:24:52 PM

If its like Ad-hoc party, then yes. Because the wifi is being used to connect the 3DS and WiiU while the WiiU is connected be wired.

Ehh I'd go for the WiiU version if you don't have anyone to play with on the 3DS.
---
The official Mara of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#8SefcaBlightPosted 3/17/2013 8:55:25 PM
just wait for mh4
---
I walk ten thousand miles, ten thousand miles to see you