Bought a Class 4 16gb sd card instead of a Class 10 one... is it still ok?

#1HellsingOrgPosted 3/18/2013 3:50:01 AM
To use on my 3DS?
Will there really be a big difference in the speeds loading/writing?
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#2CurryfiendPosted 3/18/2013 4:33:02 AM
It's OK, loading might be a tiny bit slower but nothing to worry about. I use a class 2 card lol
---
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful ~ f00had
http://i46.tinypic.com/2zg87ds.jpg
#3HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 10:26:18 AM
Like how slower though?
i'm worried it will be bad for games or is there no real difference?
---
#4hawkeye2188Posted 3/18/2013 10:29:00 AM
Have you ever used a Class 10 card? If you haven't you wont notice the difference. If you have, you still may not notice the difference.
---
GT: hawkeye2188
#5305_KingPosted 3/18/2013 10:33:06 AM
hawkeye2188 posted...
Have you ever used a Class 10 card? If you haven't you wont notice the difference. If you have, you still may not notice the difference.

And why would you say that? Class 10 is the best.
---
AKA Latino_King
"Don't ask for it. Go win it on your own. Do that and you'll succeed" -From Eureka 7
#6hawkeye2188Posted 3/18/2013 10:36:54 AM
305_King posted...
hawkeye2188 posted...

Your right it is the best, but difference isn't anything to be worried about, not for this instance and if TC hasn't ever used a Class 10 card he isn't going to know.
---
#7ObtuseAnginaPosted 3/18/2013 10:43:18 AM
It probably won't make a difference, even with a low class card, load times aren't that bad
---
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_http://i.imgur.com/3f4yT.jpg But if you're gonna cheat,
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,...you might as well be a fairy while you're at it.
#8305_KingPosted 3/18/2013 10:44:59 AM
hawkeye2188 posted...
305_King posted...
hawkeye2188 posted...

Your right it is the best, but difference isn't anything to be worried about, not for this instance and if TC hasn't ever used a Class 10 card he isn't going to know.

Ah I see.

Well to avoid making another topic about SD cards, I'll simply ask my qustion here;

Is there any notable difference between a class 6 and class 10 SD card? From what I've read, it seems like not all SD cards that are labeled as class 10 get to utilize its full power on the 3DS because of the write/read speed that the system has. In this case, I wonder if the class 6 would be sufficiently enough in terms of speed when it comes to loading/reading digital data.
---
AKA Latino_King
"Don't ask for it. Go win it on your own. Do that and you'll succeed" -From Eureka 7
#9HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 11:01:35 AM
305_King posted...
hawkeye2188 posted...
305_King posted...
hawkeye2188 posted...

Ah I see.

Well to avoid making another topic about SD cards, I'll simply ask my qustion here;

Is there any notable difference between a class 6 and class 10 SD card? From what I've read, it seems like not all SD cards that are labeled as class 10 get to utilize its full power on the 3DS because of the write/read speed that the system has. In this case, I wonder if the class 6 would be sufficiently enough in terms of speed when it comes to loading/reading digital data.

i want to know this too :)
---
#10hawkeye2188Posted 3/18/2013 12:23:51 PM
305_King posted...
hawkeye2188 posted...
305_King posted...
hawkeye2188 posted...

Ah I see.

Couldn't tell you a thing about that. I honestly use a "classless" SD card so like Class 1 or 2 equivalency and its fine. If you can find a Class 10 for the price of Class 6 buy it, it cant hurt but I wouldn't buy a class 10 that's like $10-15 more just cause its a Class 10.
---