Lol Castlvania: MOF bombed at retail. 30,000 opening week.

#51MinamoPosted 3/18/2013 1:36:42 PM
Why would anyone buy a poorly made spin-off it when the real deal, God of War: Ascension, came out the next week?
#52WiiareVenomPosted 3/18/2013 1:37:05 PM
21_21 posted...
lizard81288 posted...
Why would people buy Snake Eater 3D when they could have gotten the HD collection? Also, Capcom pulled some price shenanigans before the release, remember when RE:R was $50 up until a week before launch? As for Castlvania, it continues the LoS reboot, which people didn't like.

I thought the HD collection didn't have Snake Eater, though. It only had 2, 3 and Peace Walker IIRC.

3 is Snake Eater. Well, the improved version of Snake Eater.
---
You must let your anger be as a monkey in a pinata, hiding inside with the candy, hoping kids don't breakthrough with a stick.
#53MrSpacelySlatePosted 3/18/2013 1:39:48 PM
Starwars4J posted...
3DS sales routinely dominate the software sales charts. Kinda kills the point behind this topic, eh?

Japan, yes. Everywhere else, though? Still dominated by 360 and PS3 with a dash of Wii.
#54SkyD1ddYPosted 3/18/2013 1:43:58 PM
Terotrous posted...
Maybe they'll wise up and realize that metroidvania is what people actually like?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M
Metroidvania sucks. It's just a flashy and more streamlined simons quest/ choppy metroid. Besides the classics are much better. But meh, opinions
---
"It's always a gimmick until sony uses it" squatch22
#55McmadnessV3Posted 3/18/2013 1:44:40 PM
wintrepunk posted...
Tetrous, do you really think Konami will do another 3ds castlevania game after this catastrophe? This completley bombed in comparison to Lords of Shadow for the PS3. When Lords of Shadow 2 comes out and if it does well, these 3ds sales are going to look even worse.

You know how much the average castlevania game on the ds sold?

Not exactly flying off the shelves those games. But they still kept making them because it still brought profit.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
#56MrKunioPosted 3/18/2013 1:46:00 PM
CapnStanky posted...
Terotrous posted...
Maybe they'll wise up and realize that metroidvania is what people actually like?

The DS games sold horribly. That's why they stopped making them.

Thats why they made portrait of ruin the 25th anniversary game with collectors edition artbook, cd, stylus, and case???
---
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475
#5721_21Posted 3/18/2013 1:46:20 PM
So 3 is Snake Eater? I see. I wouldn't have known that since I haven't played any MGS yet.
---
Currently playing:
999, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#58SkyD1ddYPosted 3/18/2013 1:47:04 PM
MrSpacelySlate posted...
x23sephiroth23x posted...
Companies should not be rewarded for making terrible games

Mario Kart 7 is one of the best selling games on 3DS.

There was a time when quality reigned, but it's clearly long gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M
---
"It's always a gimmick until sony uses it" squatch22
#59MrKunioPosted 3/18/2013 1:47:10 PM
MrSpacelySlate posted...
Starwars4J posted...
3DS sales routinely dominate the software sales charts. Kinda kills the point behind this topic, eh?

Japan, yes. Everywhere else, though? Still dominated by 360 and PS3 with a dash of Wii.

Dot forget PSP is still ripping it up in Japan
---
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475
#60Starwars4JPosted 3/18/2013 1:49:46 PM
MrKunio posted...
MrSpacelySlate posted...
Starwars4J posted...

Dot forget PSP is still ripping it up in Japan

Um? The PSP is lucky to get one or two top 20 games. On the whole it's doing better than the Vita, but that isn't saying much.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade