Buying a 3DS soon. Regular vs. XL?

#11snake_5036Posted 3/18/2013 6:58:50 PM
There is literally no reason to choose the original over the XL besides collection purposes. XL is superior in basically every way.
---
Useless Sig.
Same Time Posts:58...500th posts: 5
#12WiiFan77Posted 3/18/2013 7:09:03 PM(edited)
Regular.

The huge pixels on the XL kill the 3D effect occasionally, excluding sprite-based games. And when they aren't killing the effect, they still look ugly. (Again, excluding sprite-based games.)
---
Official Ditto of the Pokemon X/Y board.
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#13aryanbrarPosted 3/18/2013 7:08:34 PM
i am in the same situation and want to know is the XL really that much better then regular??
#14RayKnightPosted 3/18/2013 7:16:56 PM
Get the XL. They only complain I have would be the speakers, you're going to have to rely on headphones.
---
I didn't kill him. He seemed like a pretty decent guy.
But I did shoot him in the testicles.
- enjoi_number8 on AF, RDR
#15snake_5036Posted 3/18/2013 7:18:29 PM
aryanbrar posted...
i am in the same situation and want to know is the XL really that much better then regular??

longer battery life, matte finish so you don't have fingerprints everywhere, bigger screen = more visibility and larger sweetspot for 3D, size is more suitable for bigger hands, stylus is better positioned if you use it, apparently the original 3DS scratched its own screen (never experienced this myself) and the XL has no issue with that, the home, select, and start buttons are actually buttons...

About the only thing bad I've heard is a lower max volume which is trivial considering games like MK7 can echo throughout my entire house at max volume anyway. Don't skewer yourself. Get an XL.
---
Useless Sig.
Same Time Posts:58...500th posts: 5
#16d0wnerPosted 3/18/2013 7:52:50 PM
The only reason to buy the original over the XL is if you value the smaller size over all else. If you don't, go with the XL.

snake_5036 posted...
..apparently the original 3DS scratched its own screen (never experienced this myself) and the XL has no issue with that..

XL does this as well, my XL screen is a mess because of it.
---
shoot the core.
#17Creator_IzanagiPosted 3/18/2013 7:54:31 PM
I recently bought a 3DS XL and I feel that he should get one too as that it features a larger screen and has all the features of the 3DS not to mention a few improved features to go with it too..
---
http://www.atlus.com/forum/member.php?u=48367
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Creator_Izanagi/games (Updated - Mar. 09, 2013)