It's Pretty Amazing What a Few Years Can Change.

#11shadyelfPosted 3/18/2013 7:41:29 PM
I go through phases sort of. I get a console (second or even third iteration) play it and have fun then get a handheld to tide me over until the next console's new version comes out (like PS3 slim).
---
?
#12nintendoggerPosted 3/18/2013 7:41:38 PM
I'd say I'm pretty close. I just have a hard time reading small print, so handheld gaming was never my preference. I love my 3DS though.
---
AEPhi Sister.
Currently playing: Harvest Moon a New Beginning and Style Saavy:Trendsetters
#13gamemasta114Posted 3/18/2013 8:20:21 PM
I've always preferred handhelds over consoles just for the convenience of them and being able to play them whenever I want. Now though I'm strictly a handheld gamer. My life has gotten way too busy to play consoles. I'm fine with it though because the 3DS turned out to be such an amazing device. I have a Vita too but I don't get much use out of it.
---
GBA: 2001-2007 R.I.P.
I find myself enjoying grinding on animals. - 1337pwncakes on Rune Factory 3
#14HaloOfTheSun442Posted 3/18/2013 8:29:36 PM
Ame_no_Murakumo posted...
I used to HATE handheld gaming. I loathed it. I was always so ticked off when a good game came out on a handheld instead of a console. The main reason was having to play on a small screen versus a large screen, and it would always hurt my neck.

Now, I have a PSP and a 3DS, and a mess of games for both. Who else here had the same experience?

Same for me too. I have poor vision so I always stayed away from handhelds. Being that I grew up in the era of the original Gameboy, that didn't help my opinion of them much considering it was so difficult to see and they hurt my neck too.

Once the DS came out my opinion changed, and now I own that, a PSP, and a 3DS.
#15TehTrumpCardPosted 3/18/2013 8:37:04 PM
mabber_III posted...
no, I always preferred handhelds, since they are easier to pick up and play

This.

Nothing beats playing whenever, wherever because gaming on the toilet.

Never had any of these neck problems though.
---
I love Nowi!!! http://tinyurl.com/a8cjh32
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard