SMT IV trailer 4 y'all.

#51MetalLoki(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 11:33:19 AM
CrisisOfFate posted...
Virus66 posted...
Well, I'm glad you know every single topic and every single post that ever talked about Persona and you can say with absolute certainty that none of it was unbridled hate for the Persona games. All I'm getting at is that there is entirely too much tension between SMT and Persona fans, and often for no damn good reason.

It's almost as if it is impossible to like BOTH series

Well...yeah I agree,both fanbases (I am port of both btw.) need to calm down.
Some of the SMT fans can act like a******* and some p4 fans can act like ignorant douches.And I don't know if that was sarcasm or not,but yes I do know most of the topics that talk about SMT and Persona.

There are only like 5 topic on the board about persona >_>
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
The beautiful female investigator Ai is the Space Guardian Academys top agent.
#52CrisisOfFatePosted 3/20/2013 11:56:58 AM
MetalLoki posted...
CrisisOfFate posted...
Virus66 posted...
Well, I'm glad you know every single topic and every single post that ever talked about Persona and you can say with absolute certainty that none of it was unbridled hate for the Persona games. All I'm getting at is that there is entirely too much tension between SMT and Persona fans, and often for no damn good reason.

It's almost as if it is impossible to like BOTH series

Well...yeah I agree,both fanbases (I am port of both btw.) need to calm down.
Some of the SMT fans can act like a******* and some p4 fans can act like ignorant douches.And I don't know if that was sarcasm or not,but yes I do know most of the topics that talk about SMT and Persona.

There are only like 5 topic on the board about persona >_>

And I said that I know them :P
---
The official Azrael of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#53Rasen543Posted 3/20/2013 12:06:11 PM
I love how we've evolved to the point where very little fighting between Persona fans and SMT fans goes on any more, and now we're fighting about... if we still fight or not <.<
---
Official Kodama of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#54MetalLoki(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 12:12:22 PM
Rasen543 posted...
I love how we've evolved to the point where very little fighting between Persona fans and SMT fans goes on any more, and now we're fighting about... if we still fight or not <.<

I'm worried that no one is at all trying to dissect the video at all. There is a lot of stuff going on but I am glad no one is whining about the fact that Lucy might have a non Kaneko design.
---
#55lunchEATSyouPosted 3/20/2013 12:25:47 PM
SMT IV looks like it's going to be amazing.... Did my eyes deceive me or did I just see the protagonist from Strange Journey in the trailer?

Lastly, I heard that they will be connecting all of the universes of the previous games... also true?
---
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog
#56CrisisOfFatePosted 3/20/2013 12:32:54 PM
lunchEATSyou posted...
SMT IV looks like it's going to be amazing.... Did my eyes deceive me or did I just see the protagonist from Strange Journey in the trailer?

Lastly, I heard that they will be connecting all of the universes of the previous games... also true?

Actually that's a woman.Her name in this is "The black Samurai". She's just wearing the same armor as SJ's Protagonist(her's is black though).
It certainly will have a connection to the previous etries since we have seen STEVEN and the Demonica.
---
The official Azrael of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#57MetalLoki(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 12:34:16 PM
lunchEATSyou posted...

Your eyes did deceive you cause that is not him.

http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Samurai

We so far have stuff from SMT1+2 and SJ. Some areas LOL reminiscent of the Amala network but we don't know yet.
---
#58MrKunioPosted 3/20/2013 1:29:45 PM(edited)
Cool. Too early for me to care right now because I want Soul Hackers.

PS: I love Persona 1& 2. I own them for PSX
---
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475
#59Goten55Posted 3/20/2013 3:23:21 PM
Goten55 posted...
Looks like fun. Its a shame that a lot of P3 and P4 fans will get this and Soul Hackers blindly expecting this to be the same as them and then bash the game.

I first played Persona 3 but got Devil Survivor Overclocked and loved the hell out of that and lately have been trying to get into Persona 2. Plan on getting Soul Hackers and SMT IV day one also. So many SMT fans are so bitter towards people who like Persona. You should all be thankful that Persona serves as a springboard to get people into the SMT series instead of just ignoring the series completely like it has been up until now >_>

I know better to expect the games to be the same though. You only set yourself up for disappointment if you have those expectations. I don't expect Soul Hackers/SMT IV to be the same as Persona, just as I don't expect Final Fantasy Tactics to be the same as Final Fantasy VII

I'm a P3/4 fan that is finally dipping my toe into SMT waters. I'm just glad I'm not as closed minded as other Persona fans and see it as a godly series. I do love P3 and 4 to death though. I wanted to try Nocturne, but I couldn't find it anywhere.
---
Hideyoshi Month! (Yes, he is a boy)
http://i.imgur.com/BFfB9Oe.gif http://i.imgur.com/EA0HN0p.png http://i.imgur.com/UwLmcGy.jpg http://i.imgur.com/bPrBBYB.jpg