The only reason people don't like Sticker star is because it changed stuff.

#1GloryChaosPosted 3/19/2013 7:33:37 AM
Topic. People are just upset that the game went in a different direction and changed things up. They wanted a game like thousand year door and they didn't get it. If you wanted to play a GameCube game, then you should have just plugged in your GameCube and done so. True fans of the series will be able to see the game for what it is: a fresh, new, and interesting entry in the Paper Mario franchise.

So why is this the go to argument whenever I see a lot whenever it gets brought up that people didn't like Sticker Star? As someone who did, in fact, thoroughly enjoy the game, I don't understand this. Yes, there are people who do get upset at sequels simply because things were changed. But I see this comment used even after somebody who dislikes the game give their reasons. I have rarely seen someone state that they wanted a "port of the GameCube game". Most people just say that they didn't like the watered down combat (which is objectively was), the lack of a story, the fact that the main villain didn't talk or have any dialogue, the final dungeon not being much of a dungeon, etc.

And to be honest, this applies to pretty much any other sequel in any series.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#2iammaxhailmePosted 3/19/2013 7:59:04 AM
"Change" is different from "Downgrade"
---
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax
#3GenericName9Posted 3/19/2013 8:00:07 AM
Argh. There's a ****storm a-brewin'
---
If you were a boss I'd deathmatch ya in a minute!
#4Gamemaster64Posted 3/19/2013 8:04:26 AM
Yeah change stuff to crap.

All attacks are item based. No unlimited normal attacks. Limited amount of space for items too.

Battles are pointless.

At times I want to avoid battle so I don't have to use half my inventory.
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.
#5micfolioPosted 3/19/2013 8:09:34 AM
I have no desire to play an RPG where there's no reward for battle.
---
GT: Johnny Pott
PSN: Johnny_Pott
#6DarkLink346Posted 3/19/2013 8:17:44 AM
GloryChaos posted...
a fresh, new, and interesting entry in the Paper Mario franchise

Fresh: They used the same overworld map they've been using for 20 years. I thought we were past that kind of layout when we developed open world games, but they keep going back to that. I feel like it's a cheap and easy way to get around having to integrate the parts of the world.

Interesting: Paper Mario and TTYD both had great stories that made you want to keep playing to see what happened next. The only reason I even completed SPM was because the characters were dynamic and interesting. This game doesn't have ANY story aside from "go collect some things" and I was sorely disappointed by this. Did I want a TTYD clone? No, but I wanted a story.
---
Use the damn search button!
http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki
#7Buttery_ToastPosted 3/19/2013 8:21:38 AM
I have never played a Paper Mario game before, so I thought I'd be fine with the game, but after about four hours I got tired of the sticker bullcrap.
---
My body is always Reggie.
http://backloggery.com/dethbryte
#8wiiking96Posted 3/19/2013 8:26:48 AM
iammaxhailme posted...
"Change" is different from "Downgrade"

This. Get it right, people.

Sticker Star is basically a jumble of boring old elements from the past Paper Marios and NSMB, poorly made and lazy attempts at being innovative, and a pinch of actual quality.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#9emeraldscoPosted 3/19/2013 9:24:48 AM
I can understand why certain folks would be unhappy with it but it's really not a bad game. It's alright.
---
Some people possess talent, others are possessed by it. When that happens, the talent becomes a curse...
#10nintendoggerPosted 3/19/2013 9:31:32 AM
I enjoyed Sticker Star, I don't think it deserves the hate that it gets, but oh well. I'll just enjoy while having the entire 3DS board screaming in my ear "THAT'S A BAD GAME."
---
AEPhi Sister.
Currently playing: Harvest Moon a New Beginning and Style Saavy:Trendsetters