I just played N64 Paper Mario and it's basically the same as Sticker Star

#21Mariofan15Posted 3/19/2013 2:00:32 PM
Lol. Obvious troll is obvious.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:0691-4768-6135
#22Carbuncle009Posted 3/19/2013 2:34:17 PM
wiiking96 posted...
^ You basically just listed all the stuff you did in the worlds and counted it as plot.

Wait, stuff you do DOESN'T count as part of the story?

So let's apply this to other RPGs:
Persona 3: Weird thing happens at midnight, giant tower is shown, nothing too special. Only a few people are hurt.
Persona 4: Weird Serial Murders go on, eventually solved, shown that some mighty being was behind it all.
Paper Mario 64: Bowser kidnaps Peach, Star Spirits unite to stop him.

Yeah, according to your logic, those games have little to no intriguing story.
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 7 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I watch technicolor ponies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw
#23Hirokey123Posted 3/19/2013 2:46:04 PM
wiiking96 posted...
^ You basically just listed all the stuff you did in the worlds and counted it as plot.

Please read the definition of plot.

Plot is a literary term defined as the events that make up a story, particularly as they relate to one another in a pattern, in a sequence, through cause and effect, how the reader views the story, or simply by coincidence.

Which is exactly what I wrote. I listed only the stuff that is need to know for the game or had actual story elements to it. Fighting Bowser Jr repeatedly is plot, Kamek's repeat appearances is plot, having to find a different route up the mountain because your route is blocked is plot. Mario Trecked through a volcano to save to Kersti is plot. Mario ventured to find the 3 pieces of the tower is plot. Simple small bits of plot but still plot none the less.

I'd be listing stuff if I said something like "Mario explored the harbor to find a vacuum which he used to then banish a sandstorm. This opened the path to the oasis where Mario then used a faucet to fix it. Afterwards he was able to enter the oasis house as thanks and found one of the pieces of the tower inside." THAT'S listing stuff, but just saying "Mario had to cure a dry oasis to find one of the tower pieces" is plot.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#24KGTriggerPosted 3/19/2013 2:48:36 PM
I thought gamefaqs users just ignore anyone who's a "New User".
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089; Steam: Joben
#25masa8munePosted 3/19/2013 2:57:45 PM
don't put PM64 and TTYD on the same levels as SS.

sticker star is good but nowwhere near as good as the older ones.
---
Currently playing: Re:R, Mario kart 7, Tales of symphonia, Naruto clash of the ninja revulution 1/2
#26legionofpancakePosted 3/19/2013 3:21:14 PM
This topic is PERFECT. I just began playing Paper Mario on the N64 for the first time and I feel the 100% exact opposite way. The battles are engaging and keep the fun going with the timing of attacks and defense, whereas Sticker Star is completely void of any RPG elements whatsoever. Gaining experience feels great and makes me want to rid every room of enemies on the N64 game, but losing stickers feels like more of a bother so I ignore everything on screen in Sticker Star.

The game has a lot more dungeon exploration than anything, only platforming where it's necessary. Now Sticker Star is the same way, but that's the only thing it has going for it; the epic set pieces.

I'm not for along in the story yet, but I'm loving it. Plus... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfGw_tAsCi0

There's that.

The characters are, to me, pretty cool. Not as cool as the characters in The Thousand Year Door, but they're very useful in battles, especially boss battles. The fact that Sticker Star lacks them isn't a terrible thing, but it was a bad decision considering how great partners made the previous games.
---
Well, Courtney Gears didn't seem to mind.
Sonic for Hire= Greatest web series I've ever seen.
#27AkaneJonesPosted 3/19/2013 4:37:41 PM
DoctorCrabMD posted...
the party members are more for finding hidden items rather than helping in battle.

You fight any of the thing like Anti-Guy the minute you reach him, or say any Hyper Enemies with Lady Bow, or really anything. Goombario is for finding HP meter, and for your entertainment. Koops is used early on to smash group of up to 4 quickly. Bombette well I don't need to explain that. Lady Bow is strategic evasion, plus best single damage. You need Parakay to hit out of range enemies when you first get him. What are you going to do against a jerk Swooper with no items. The others well... Also failure to block Dizzy enemies means party member only attack time. It's not like you have enough badge space to accommodate all of the badges that take away there functions.

But I'll get back to you on Sicker Star being the same as I'm playing it latter.
#28jedinatPosted 3/19/2013 5:06:38 PM
Paper Mario is better than TTYD. The latter felt too drawn out and I didn't like the story much (annoying aliens).