Playing 3DS games when accustomed to 360 is the most FRUSTRATING thing.

#1HeroC114Posted 3/19/2013 7:54:22 AM(edited)
I grew up with an NES, and an SNES.

However Nintendo's button scheme of right to left is ridiculous and makes no sense.

It's the most frustrating thing playing The Mercenaries 3D and having to enter a quicktime event when getting grabbed from behind, only to fail it because you keep trying to remember that everything is flipped around.

Sometimes it's successful, other times it's just a mess considering the game is so hectic to begin with.

This also gave me huge trouble playing the Castlevania Mirror of Fate demo.

Turned off the game before I raged any harder.
#2ARsignal11Posted 3/19/2013 7:59:15 AM
HeroC114 posted...
I grew up with an NES, and an SNES.

However Nintendo's button scheme of right to left is ridiculous and makes no sense.

It's the most frustrating thing playing The Mercenaries 3D and having to enter a quicktime event when getting grabbed from behind, only to fail it because you keep trying to remember that everything is flipped around.

Sometimes it's successful, other times it's just a mess considering the game is so hectic to begin with.

This also gave me huge trouble playing the Castlevania Mirror of Fate demo.

Turned off the game before I raged any harder.

Haha, I understand what you mean. The buttons scheme is actually more similar to Playstation than with the Xbox controller commands. Takes a day or so to get used to.
#3KnifegashPosted 3/19/2013 8:04:35 AM
I never had an issue with adapting to new control types until the 3DS, purely because the button format is just the same as the 360 except for the X and Y. In fact, the only way I remember which ones to press when prompted is by hovering over where I WOULD press it, and then remind myself that it's on the other side. It's not really slower, but it's weird to take that extra step.
---
Isn't that right, Zach?
http://tinyurl.com/5vsjbj6
#4XXXB0BXXXPosted 3/19/2013 8:05:32 AM
What do you mean everything is flipped around
---
me being referenced by star wcw star goldberg on live tv:
http://i.imgur.com/Bm2Gq.png
#5HeroC114(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 8:23:40 AM
Xbox 360 Layout

___Y
X_____B
___A

Nintendo 3DS(SNES) Layout

___X
Y_____A
___B
#6DarkIVloonPosted 3/19/2013 8:33:34 AM
you'll get over it.
---
Gotta get em' all, shmupmon!
#7IcewitchPosted 3/19/2013 8:42:23 AM
I can never remember the correct placement for the Xbox buttons. I've had an Xbox controller for PC for 4 years and I still have to look at the letters because I always think of the Nintendo layout in my head.
---
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Coming March 19 to Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii U
#8XXXB0BXXXPosted 3/19/2013 9:23:21 AM
Okay, how does Nintendo's button scheme make no sense when they obviously predate Microsoft's system?
---
me being referenced by star wcw star goldberg on live tv:
http://i.imgur.com/Bm2Gq.png
#9weemadarthurPosted 3/19/2013 9:25:27 AM
XXXB0BXXX posted...
Okay, how does Nintendo's button scheme make no sense when they obviously predate Microsoft's system?

They're Japanese
---
"You're right. And when you're right, you're right. And you, you're always right!"
#10n00bsaib0tPosted 3/19/2013 9:29:12 AM
weemadarthur posted...
XXXB0BXXX posted...

They're Japanese

Don't the Japanese read right to left? B A makes perfect sense to them, it's even in alphabetical order.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile